I am a super busy mom and my spare time seems to be sparse at best. By the time we chauffeur Caitlin to and from school and all her extracurricular activities, homeschool Henry and work on the blog, keep the house clean, do laundry, shopping and all that jazz, I have very little time to cook. Instead of reaching for a store bought breakfast that is packed full of processed junk, I make my Nutty Oatmeal Buttermilk Waffles Recipe, one of my favorite recipes to make.
What is even better about this recipe, is you can easily adapt it. The kids do not like nuts, but I do, so I just add my pecans or walnuts straight into the mix on the waffle iron. I use the Oster DuraCeramic Belgian Waffle Maker, which you can purchase on Amazon for $22.86. I prefer this waffle iron because it is compact, cleans easily and stores in a small space, which I sorely lack.
My family also loves to use different toppings, so when we have more time, we will set up a waffle bar and make our own creations. I love fresh berries and whipped cream on mine so it is a bit healthier. For another healthy and easy to make breakfast, you may like my SUPER QUICK AND EASY LEMON POPPY SEED MUFFINS.
And the kids love to slather theirs in syrup,, butter and confectioner’s sugar.
Nutty Oatmeal Buttermilk Waffles Recipe
- 1-1/2 cups quick-cooking oats
- 1/2 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup diced pecans (or nut of your choice)
- 2 cups buttermilk
- 2 eggs
- Read more: http://www.tasteofhome.com/recipes/oatmeal-buttermilk-waffles#ixzz3VJXM4Ktd
- In a bowl, combine the first 6 ingredients. In another bowl, combine buttermilk, eggs and butter; stir into the dry ingredients until smooth. Bake in a preheated waffle iron according to manufacturer’s directions until golden brown. Serve with whipped cream and fresh berries or maple syrup as desired.
<p style=”text-align: center;”><em><strong>What is your favorite waffle recipe?</strong></em></p>