This is a sponsored post. I was given compensation for my part. All opinions are 100% mine. As much as I have said I was ready for school to start, when the time came, I wasn’t! Part of this was because I homeschool one kid, and I had no lesson plans ready. The other was I was going to miss having both kids home. As much as they bicker, they equally love being together. The balance between sibling rivalry and hanging out together peacefully was pretty even.
The first week of school was pretty brutal on Caitlin. She is a junior in high school and her schedule is rough. She was very emotional this past week, so I decided we need to decompress. This means snuggling up in mommy’s big bed, watching Netflix and snacking on my Chicken Taquitos with Spicy Guacamole Dip, popcorn and chocolate cookie dough fudge. Since she is in high school, I decided to queue up several of our favorite high school movie and TV shows from Netflix. Here is our pick list:
Top High School Movies & TV Shows (& Quotes) On Netflix
- Ferris Bueller’s Day Off: I think Ferris’ point of view on life is pretty accurate: “Life moves pretty fast. If you don’t stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.”
- Clueless: Cher’s quick to label people. Take this for instance: “Do you prefer “fashion victim” or “ensembly challenged”?”
- High School Musical: We all know how high maintenance Sharpay is. This quote says it all: “Troy Bolton: Sharpay’s kinda cute too.
Chad: Yeah, so is a mountain lion, but you don’t pet it.”
- School of Rock: Dewey Finn sums up my feeling about music: ” Dude, I service society by rocking, OK? I’m out there on the front lines liberating people with my music!”
- Freaks and Geeks: This show is filled with so many actors who went on to be big start. It has Seth Rogan, Jason Segal, John Francis Daley and James Franco. Here is a quote you should use every day! “Screw You! I’m hilarious!”
- Grease: Frech sums up men pretty well: ” Men are rats, listen to me, they’re fleas on rats, worse than that, they’re amoebas on fleas on rats. I mean, they’re too low for even the dogs to bite. The only man a girl can depend on is her daddy.” and Rizzo when she says, “Peachy keen jelly bean!”
- Breakfast Club: As much as Vernon was a hated character, I love this quote: “You ought to spend a little more time trying to make something of yourself and a little less time trying to impress people.”
- Fast Times at Ridgemont High: Brad Hamilton: Why don’t you get a job Spicoli? Jeff Spicoli: What for? Brad Hamilton: You need money. Jeff Spicoli: All I need are some tasty waves, a cool buzz, and I’m fine. Yep!!
When my mind is overrun with the stress and worry of the day, I like to just veg in front of the TV. The kids are the same way. If we aren’t in the family room, laying in a tangle on the sofa, we are in my bedroom. On rare occasions, we are hiding in a blanket fort in the kids room, watching Netflix on our tablet or laptop! For me, Netflix and family kind of go hand in hand. I know I can get a great variety of family or adult programming, so everyone if happy.
We each have our own accounts, but are constantly sharing favorites with each other. For instance, you will find Doctor Who on everyone’s recently watched or Scooby Doo on our “My List.” You can stream Netflix from your mobile device, computer, TV or gaming system for less than $15 a month! You can also sign up for their DVD plan if you prefer watching it that way. Either way, you are getting what you want to watch, right at your fingertips! Be sure to follow Netflix on Facebook and Twitter.
When we are preparing a marathon of Netflix watching, we are sure to grab our favorite snacks and drinks. I mean, you can’t really watch Fast Times at Ridgemont High without a pizza, right? Or maybe a cereal sandwich or sushi when you have The Breakfast Club streaming! One of our favorite homemade snacks is my super easy to make chocolate chip cookie dough fudge.
I won’t lie, I have been known to eat cookie dough straight from the package! This chocolate chip cookie dough fudge tastes, and looks, just like cookie dough! It is really simple to make and you can adjust it to add nuts or candies or whatever floats your boat!
Easy Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Fudge Recipe
- 1 1/2 sticks salted butter, softened
- ½ cup condensed milk
- ¼ cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup brown sugar (packed)
- 1¼ cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 3 1/2 cups powdered sugar
- 1 cup mini chocolate chips
- Line a 8x8 square pan with foil, wax or parchment paper and put aside
- Using a hand or stand mixer, cream together butter, heavy whipping cream and condensed milk on medium speed. Add vanilla and stir again. Add brown sugar and stir on medium speed until all ingredients are combined, remembering to scrape the sides.
- Gradually add flour and powdered sugar, continuing to scrape the sides, until all ingredients are combined. Stir in chocolate chips.
- and pour fudge into you pan.
- Refrigerate for 2-3 hours before cutting and serving.