I received compensation, either monetary or in product, in exchange for this review. However, all opinions about this amazing product are 100% mine.
I have a confession to make. I have been married for almost 17 years and my husband and I have never gone away together. Other than our 2 day honeymoon in that rocking paradise of Gatlinburg, TN, we have been stuck at home. We have a pretty good reason. We have a kid at home who has autism and finding a babysitter for the night is almost impossible let alone getting one for a few days. I do not have any family nearby, so that option was also a big N.O. Well, things have changed and we have the opportunity to take a few days off, so I will be officially packing for a romantic getaway!
I cannot even begin to know what to pack for this little tryst I am planning. I mean, I know I am not packing my granny panties with the elastic that is about to die, but what else am I packing for a romantic getaway? I did some digging and I came up with a few ideas for packing for a romantic getaway like a boss! I am going to kick butt and take names with this mission and here is what is going into my cute new Monogrammed Quilted Large Duffle in the White and Black Damask from Miss Lucy’s Monograms:
- Music: I am a huge music aficionado, so I always have an ever changing and growing playlist. The problem is I do not really have any romantic music. I had to reach down deep to remember some of our favorite songs from when we were dating.
- Massage Oil: There is nothing sexier than a romantic full body massage. I am super ticklish, but my husband knows how to get around that, so I am looking forward to one of his back rubs with a deliciously scented oil.
- Food: If I am planning to spend the weekend barely dressed and in bed with my husband, I am not going to want to eat with a bunch of strangers at the Bed and Breakfast. Instead, I will pack some finger foods like cheese, bread, crackers, and fruits.
- Books: I know it sounds like a bad choice for a romantic weekend together, but hear me out. Have you ever laid in bed, holding hands and read out loud to each other? Super sexy, trust me!
- Perfume: I do not wear perfume very often, but when we go out, my husband loves one particular scent I wear. It gets him in the mood!
- Candles: Um, need I say more? I did not think so!
So now that I know what I am packing for a romantic getaway, I wanted to show off the adorable duffle I am bringing from Miss Lucy’s Monograms. First of all, I have loved Miss Lucy’s for a few years now and Deb feels like a dear friend by now! I recently visited my daughter when she had knee surgery and I brought along my Monogrammed Quilted 3 Piece Cosmetic Case in Hot Pink and Turquoise Floral, which I received last year. Chelsea was begging me to get her one just like it! So, when I wanted a new weekender bag, I know exactly who to go to.
This bag is surprisingly roomy, not to mention it is so stinking cute I will get lots of compliments! It measures 21x12x11, has a convenient zipper closure, has open and zippered pockets on the inside, is made of cotton and has metal feet on the bottom (to protect that cotton bag!) I am able to fit enough clothes for 3 days, a pair of shoes, my make up, personal goodies, a book, my iPod and iPad, and chargers. Because it is quilted cotton, it is more flexible than a carry on, making it easier for me to carry.
At just $33 (I know, right?!), you can also afford to get yourself a cosmetic bag, a phone case, luggage tags, laptop case or any of the other amazing products Miss Lucy’s Monograms offers. And want to hear something else that will rock your world? Debbie is offering one of my USA readers a $50 gift card!! Do you know what you can get at Miss Lucy’s for $50? Um, a ton!!! Have fun choosing what you would buy!
What would you choose from Miss Lucy’s Monograms to take on a romantic weekend?