This is a sponsored post. I was compensated either in product or monetarily. However, all opinions are 100% my own. It’s safe to say that Halloween is most children’s favorite time of the year. Superfluous amounts of candy, scary movies, dressing up in costumes: Halloween is a “spooktacular” celebration that is packed with loads of fun. Did you know that 62% of parents purchase their child’s first cell phone for the safety factor?
Prepare Your Children For Safety This Halloween
Technology has been so impressive with how it has developed over the last few years. Now, with smartphones in the market, parents can rest assured of their children’s safety through constant connectivity and mobile apps.Our strides in technology have allowed for the sophisticated development of phones and apps to help us in so many ways. With the help of mobile devices, you can have peace of mind while your kids are out trick-or-treating this year.
Mobile Apps & Tips To Keep Kids Safe This Halloween
- Store Recent Shots: Before your kids go gallivanting for candy, take pictures of them in their regular wardrobe and in their costumes. You’ll probably be doing this for memory’s sake anyhow, but ensure that you have backup of these photographs so that they are readily available if a problem occurs. Be sure to remember that if your child has a mask or face paint on, to take a picture of them with and without it. (Plus, it’ll make for really great “before” and “after” shots: perfect to share on social media!)
- Helpful Apps: There are many apps that can help track the location of devices. The Find My Friend is pre-installed on iPhones and can be downloaded on Androids through Google Play. It will track any mobile device so you can monitor your child’s whereabouts at all times.
- Information Is Key: Smartphones are capable of storing lots of information, so make sure you’re inputting pertinent information to ensure your child’s safety. On the iPhone, you can set up a Medical ID so that friends, first-responders, police, etc. can have access to life-saving information. For Android users, an emergency contact can be added to their locked screen. Familiarize yourself with your child’s mobile device so that you can take advantage of all its safety features.
- Reminders: With the help of alarm clock features, you can set up notifications to remind your child to check in with you throughout the night.
- A Strong Battery: Running apps can take up a lot of battery. Make sure your child’s phone will have enough juice for the night by gearing him/her with battery backup. PureGear’s PureJuice Portable Charger is ideal to carry around – especially when you expect that you’ll be heavily using your phone. The Morphie Juice Pack is also a great alternative. It acts as a cell phone case and an automatic charger, so it’s ultra convenient.
- Flash Those Lights: Remember when a good flashlight was an essential item to bring for during our times of trick-or-treating? Thankfully, flashlights are built into today’s smartphones. Make sure your loved ones are taking full advantage of this feature on Halloween night.
As you can see, there are many ways to keep your kids safe during their trick-or-treating adventures. I have no doubt that my iPhone 6 through U.S. Cellular will keep me reassured while my children go out and grab their treats. We are an entire family of U.S. Cellular users, so we are lucky to be supported with high-quality devices and an incredibly secure network. If you have a teen with a cell phone, the U.S. Cellular® Better Moments Parent-Child Agreement will surely come into good use. Be sure to read my post, Is Your Child Ready For Their Own Cell Phone? Get social and see all contest entries by following U.S. Cellular on Instagram, Facebook and Twitter .