This is a sponsored post on behalf of U.S. Cellular. All opinions are 100% mine. My daughter just started college this fall. She was not prepared for how big of an adjustment college life is. It’s filled with all sorts of complications from making new friends to making sure you get up in the morning.
The great news is she can use her smartphone to make things easier. Did you know your iPhone 7 or Samsung Galaxy S8 from U.S. Cellular to simplify college life? With one device you can do all these things:
- Watch Television: According to a recent survey conducted by U.S. Cellular, 59% of smartphone users watch video on their phone. This is an increase from 48% three years ago. The reason for that is because it is so effortless to do. With services like Netflix and Hulu, your favorite show is a few swipes away.
- Stream Music: Thanks to Apple Music and Spotify more than a third of all Smartphone users listen to music on their phones. Create playlists that inspire creativity while you study or push you to be the very best while you work out. Caitlin uses this on her device ALL.THE.TIME.
- Play Games: An astounding 75% of all smartphone users use their phone to entertain themselves. Usually doing that by playing a game. With it, you can get modern favorites like Pokemon Go or the classics like Monopoly. Play online with thousands of people or play alone, the possibilities are endless.
- Read: From textbooks to interactive fictional stories you can read anything on your phone. Being able to access your textbooks from your phone will lighten your load as you walk around campus. Plus, you never have to worry about forgetting your book at a friend’s house.
- Alarm Clock: Traditional alarm clocks are becoming a thing of the past. These days you can set many alarms, with different sounds for each one that only goes off on the days you want it to. All this from your phone. This has helped me transition from waking Caitlin up to doing it on her own. The only downside is that you don’t have any excuse for being late to those 7 AM classes. With an app like the Sleep Cycle Alarm Clock, you can do this AND get a sleep analysis too! This app will analyzes your sleep and wake you in the lightest sleep phase.
- Google Maps: If you have a large campus, getting around can be tricky. College students who utilize Google Maps can find the building their class is in and how long the walk will be. It is also great to navigate your college town too!
Going to college you’re looking for ways to save money and space. As cell phone technology advances they’re capable of doing more and more. Which saves space and makes living in small spaces less complicated. Simplify college life with a smartphone from U.S. Cellular. Be sure to stay current with U.S. Cellular and follow them on Facebook and Twitter. One reader will win one $25 Amazon Gift Card!
Do you use a smartphone to make your life easier? How? I would love to know in the comments below!