Do you have a child (or are you yourself) heading to college? What an exciting and yet terrifying time in someone’s life! I remember when I stepped into my first college classroom, I was shaking like a leaf! But, by the end of my first week, I felt like a pro! I lived at home when I went to college, while my oldest daughter lived in a dorm. Whether you live at home or in a dorm, be sure your incoming freshman knows these Life Skills Every Teen Should Know. To make the most of your college experience, I recommend these electronics:
- Charging Backpack: I had no idea you could even buy a charging backpack, did you? This innovative must have is a traditional backpack that is fully equipped to charge while you are are the go.
- Coffee Maker: For those late nights when you need to finish that project due tomorrow or to cram for an exam. I don’t know what I would have done without a coffee maker in college! I recommend a brand that offers the ability to make specialty drinks like a latte or cappuccino. It will save you from running to Starbucks every morning!
- Heated Travel Mug: Once you have made the perfect cup of coffee (or two), you are ready for class. Fill up your heated travel mug which will keep your coffee nice and hot. Once you get to class, you can plug your mug into your charging backpack!
- Noise Cancelling Headphones: When I am studying, the only thing I want to hear is my playlist. I don’t want to hear the kids arguing, my husband playing referee or the phone ringing. I need to concentrate people! For me, the Evolution Headphones from Altec Lansing are perfect. I can jam out to my favorite tunes to keep motivated while cramming for an exam or finishing that last minute project. And at a suggested retail price is $29.99, they are affordable for your college freshman.
- Charging Alarm Clock: Even with a charging backpack, I don’t always have it with me. When I don’t, by the end of the day, my phone is usually completely dead. With an alarm clock with a phone charging base, I am sure to wake up on time with a fully charged phone.
- Fitness Tracker: If you are going to be covering a lot of ground on campus, you should track your fitness progress. With a rechargeable fitness tracker, you can see how many calories you burned, steps taken, heart rate and more.
- Wireless Speaker: Once in a while, I need to just let loose a little. One way to relieve some stress is to grab the kids and get my groove on. The perfect way to listen to music while we are dancing, while I am in the shower, or getting ready for class, is a wireless speaker. My favorite is the Vivitar Light Up Wireless Speaker. This hands free, Bluetooth enabled speaker will light it up and entertain you for hours. You can find the speaker at Walmart, Target, and Amazon for just $29.99.
Originally created as ‘Ponder and Best’ in 1938 eventually they changed over to Vivitar in 1960 creating good quality lenses at modest prices. In 1979 Vivitar became Vivitar Corp and expanded into Japan, West Germany, France, Canada, the United Kingdom, Netherlands, Belgium and Sweden. In 1997, President and CEO of Vivitar, Alex Wijnen, announced the company would be split into two divisions: the Photographic and Optics Division, and the Electronics and Digital Imaging Division. This year Vivitar launched their rebranding at CES (International Consumer Electronics Show) targeting the millennial consumer who is looking for fun and affordable tech products. . Connect with Vivitar on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.
About Altec Lansing
Connecting people to innovative sound through fabulous speakers is what this company has been doing since 1927. Back in the day when movie fans first heard the voice of their favorite actors and actresses that was the doing of Altec Lansing. Specializing in the best audio around, Altec Lansing remains focused on providing people with innovative sounds while upgrading speaker options as times change. Connect with Altec Lansing on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.
What is your recommended must have electronic gadget for your college freshman?