When you plan to go on vacation, the last thing you want to do is worry about the safety of your home. Whether you are traveling far away or staying semi close to home, you to want to rest easy knowing that your home is protected. There are many precautions you can take towards keeping your home protected when away. For me, these tips to keep my home safe while I am away give me peace of mind. This way, I am able to sit back, relax and enjoy a real vacation.
- Make it Appear Like Someone is Home – The first way to ensure that your home is protected while on vacation is to make your home appear like someone is home by using light timers.
- Unplug Electronics – The least likely option many think of when leaving home for vacation is to unplug their electronics and appliances, except the ones you placed on timers.
- Don’t Announce your Vacation – Tell only your closest friends that you are leaving for vacation. And for Pete’s sake, don’t announce your vacation on social media!
- View Your Home from the Street – Can you see into your home from the street? This is where the thief who is casing your home will be parked. Make sure that you cannot see any expensive furnishings, paintings and other items from a distance.
- Get A Good Security System – The last way to keep your home protected when you are on vacation is to get system that will keep an eye on your home when you aren’t there. With the Arlo Security System, you get the peace of mind you want when you aren’t at home to keep an eye on things
When you purchase the Arlo Q Security System, you get: (1) 1080p HD Security Camera , (1) Power adapter and cable , (1) Wall mount plate , (4) Mounting screws , (1) Arlo window decal , (1) Quick start guide , (7) Days of FREE cloud recordings. With only a few moments of your time to setup, you can rest easy while on vacation when you have a security system visible for all thieves.
The Arlo Security system from Netgear, retails for around $220 and you can purchase it at many retailers, including the Netgear website and Amazon.com. Arlo also offers their wireless security system with anywhere from 1 to 5 cameras. You can use the Arlo systems to monitor your home, baby, business, pets or even your elderly parents.
Watch this video to see how the Arlo system can work for you and which system best suits your needs: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G7lVbCL6bJg. By combining the 5 ways listed above to keep your home protected when on vacation, you will ensure you are able to have a stress free vacation while returning back home with the house as you left it. Find Arlo Smart Home on Twitter, Facebook, Google+ and YouTube. One USA reader will win the Arlo Q Security Camera With Audio ARV $220.
Are you traveling this summer? If so, where to and how do you plan to keep your home safe?