School was officially out for my kids yesterday and I have already heard how boring life is about 1,200 times. We have a pretty small house, so we do not have a lot of room for things that will keep my kids from dying of boredom. We have a really nice sized yard but it is really uneven, so it isn’t conducive to having a pool. The kids have video game systems and they each have a TV in their room, but apparently that is not enough to keep them from the brink of going insane.
Getting The Kids Outside Can Be Tricky
The best I can do is find cool stuff locally that I can take them to. When I found out Slide The City was coming to Knoxville, I could not believe my luck! If you have not heard about Slide The City, you are in for a huge treat! Here are just a few reasons you need to take your family to experience Slide The City.
- The Slide: Embrace your inner child and get ready for the slide of your life! Slide the City is a one of a kind 1,000 foot slip and slide. In case you didn’t know, that is 3 football fields long!
- The Party: The party runs from noon to five and there will be music, dancing, food, drinks, and even some swag for sale so you can soak up the sun in style.
- Rain or Shine: If there is a little rain it only means there will be more water on the Slide and less people cranky about getting squirted with your new water gun.
- Affordable: There are 3 options for The Slide. You can get an Early Bird, Regular and then Late.
- Single Slider (you get to slide once and you get a mouth guard, but you need to bring your own inflatable to slide on.) Prices from $15 for early bird to $25 for late registration.
- Triple Slider (you get to slide 3 times and you get a mouth guard and an inflatable.) Prices range from $30 for early bird registration to $40 for late registration.
- Unlimited Slider (you get everything as the triple slider and tee shirt. You also get to slide from 11 (an hour early) to 6 (an hour later.) Prices range from $50 for early bird registration to $60 for late registration.
- Charity: Why have fun without giving back? The folks over at The Slide have partnered with East Tennessee Children’s Hospital in Knoxville.
I think one of the coolest things about The Slide is that it travels! The slide itself is made in the USA and it travels from city to city getting people all over the country soaking wet! Slide the City is a family friendly slip-and-slide water party event. I was worried about killing my back, but it is cushioned, so I know it will be super comfortable. You can wear your bathing suit, shorts and a tee shirt or any other outfit you wear when you are getting soaking wet (except of course your birthday suit. Let’s save that for your shower in the privacy of your own home, ok?!)
As much as the folks at The Slide want everyone to join in, you need to be over 46 inches tall and 5 years or older and you must be a human! Because of health and safety reasons, you need to leave your pets at home. Got a GoPro camera or selfie stick? Bring them along and get some awesome footage and insta worthy photos!
And if you are worried about water conservation, don’t! The Slide was designed to have zero water loss, and it treats and recycles the water safely and efficiently throughout the day. When permitted, we donate the water back to the community. Methods of disposal include local reclamation centers, parks, golf courses and other places dependent upon local regulations.
I am giving away TWO triple slider passes (ARV $70) to one of my readers! How exciting is that?!?!?!