Chris is the main man on the grill, but on Father’s Day, I take over and make him his favorite White Queso Burger. This burger is as juicy as it is spicy and has become a favorite in our house.
Whether we are grilling out for ourselves or for friends, family or neighbors, we often get asked to make this delicious White Queso Burger. The queso cheese sauce is easy to make and pairs perfectly with the grilled flavor of the lean burger. You can substitute turkey for the ground beef and will still get a mouth watering, juicy burger that is just bursting with flavor.
We always make a double batch of the queso cheese sauce when we make the White Queso Burger. This way, we can dip chips or veggies into the queso chip dip while we are waiting for the burgers to cook.
Not only is the cheese sauce better than the store bought version, it is way cheaper as well! Looking for a few other recipes for dad? Try these White Pork Chicken Enchiladas or these Spinach Lasagna Roll-Ups.
- 1 pound of lean ground beef or turkey
- 1 fresh jalapeno
- 1 ripe avocado
- 1 cup pico de gallo
- 1 pound white American cheese, cubed
- 1/2 cup milk, or as needed
- 1 tablespoon butter or margarine
- 2 (4 ounce) cans chopped green chilies
- 2 teaspoons cumin
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons onion powder
- cayenne pepper to taste
- While you are cooking the burgers on the grill, place the cheese, milk, and butter in a medium saucepan over low heat. Cook until cheese has melted, stirring frequently. Stir in green chilies, cumin, garlic powder, onion powder, and cayenne pepper to taste. Add more milk if cheese sauce is too thick.
- Top the burger with the cheese dip, then the pico, jalapenos and avocado.
How do you like to dress up your burger?