Ragu Pasta Sauces Are Simmered in Tradition
Now that I am a mom, I want my family to enjoy the same amazing flavor of Ragu Pasta Sauce. I make a lot of different kinds of pasta, but the sauce doesn’t change. This is a Ragu Pasta Sauce family and we are proud of it! Thanks to Assunta Cantisano for creating such a hearty and flavorful product I can feel good about serving my family. One of our favorite dishes is my Three Cheese Turkey Meatball Manicotti Casserole. This dish is perfect for a weeknight meal, a Sunday lunch, a pot luck dish or a meal for a family with a new baby. This dish is a tradition in my family and has been for years.
Making Our Own Ragu Traditions
I decided to make my Three Cheese Turkey Meatball Manicotti Casserole with the RAGÚ Homestyle Thick and Hearty Traditional Sauce. You would not believe how thick these new RAGÚ® Homestyle sauces are! They are so rich and thick, they just hug those manicotti shells! These new sauces are made with a special blend of herbs (basil, fennel, oregano and black pepper), which are peeled, chopped and simmered, creating this boldest flavor yet! And just as my family believes in tradition, so does Ragu. And the name alone sums up how I feel about their Homestyle sauces. Just like homestyle means something deep to me. It is about family, loving deeply, and preparing delicious recipes using my favorite brand!
When my mom made pasta, she always added fresh tomatoes, mushrooms, onions, garlic and plenty of fresh herbs. I want to make my Three Cheese Turkey Meatball Manicotti Casserole with quality ingredients as well. But I also want to spend time with my family, enjoying a good meal and playing a game or watching a favorite classic movie. With the new RAGÚ Homestyle sauces, you will find vine-ripened tomatoes, onions and fragrant herbs, so you won’t need to add anything to these delicious sauces. I can just heat and serve my favorite RAGÚ Homestyle sauces straight from the jar.
Three Cheese Turkey Meatball Manicotti Casserole
I love this recipe because it is super easy to make and the family goes nuts over it. I honestly could make this 2-3 nights a week and no one would complain! And with the new RAGÚ Homestyle sauces, we have even more flavors to add to this family favorite dish! And it is perfect on other family favorites like spaghetti and meatballs or ravioli.
- 1 Jar of your favorite RAGÚ Homestyle pasta sauce
- 1 Box of manicotti shells
- 1 container of ricotta cheese
- 2 tbsp. Italian seasonings
- 1 bag of turkey meatballs
- 1 cup each; shredded mozzarella, cheddar and Parmesan cheese, divided
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Cook manicotti shells according to package directions.
- Cook turkey meatballs in microwave according to package directions. Set aside.
- While pasta is cooking, mix together the ricotta cheese, Italian seasonings and 1/2 cup each of the shredded mozzarella, cheddar and Parmesan cheese.
- Drain pasta shells and cool.
- Take your 9x13 casserole dish and add a layer of the RAGÚ Homestyle pasta sauce
- Take one manicotti shell and fill with ricotta cheese mixture. Lay on top of the RAGÚ Homestyle pasta sauce. Repeat until all shells are filled.
- Spread another layer of RAGÚ Homestyle pasta sauce on top of pasta shells.
- Coat the turkey meatballs in the RAGÚ Homestyle pasta sauce. Layer on top of the pasta shells.
- Add remaining shredded cheese mixture.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes, or until sauce and cheese are bubbling.
What is your favorite pasta dish that your family cannot get enough of? I would love to hear in the comments below!