Slow Cooker Soup Recipe
This post contains affiliate links and/or images. I took a look at my crock pot recently and said to myself, “Boy, I haven’t used this thing in a while!” For the longest time, I was using it every few days,especially to make slow cooker soup recipes.
In the past few months, I have hardly used it at all. It was like seeing an old friend! I decided it was time to dust it off and make my family a meal they would love.
Everything But The Kitchen Sink!
If there is one meal I know will be a huge hit in my home, that is a slow cooker soup recipe. I know some people only eat soup in the colder months, but not us! We eat it all year round.
And I love making it at home because it is so much more affordable and always tastes so much better! Nine times out of ten, I can look in the pantry and make one of those “everything but the kitchen sink” type soups!
Add A Refreshing Cocktail
My Spicy Crock Pot Sausage, Bean And Pasta Soup is that in a nutshell! It is one of our favorite slow cooker soup recipes. If you want a refreshing cocktail to accompany this yummy dish, try my Lemon Lime Mojitos Cocktail.
A Mix Of Flavors And Textures
My Spicy Crock Pot Sausage, Bean And Pasta Soup Recipe is a nice mix of flavors and textures. My husband loves meals with a bit of a kick and this dish offers exactly that.
I love how I can toss the ingredients in my crock pot and call it a day. My kids are even willing to eat leftovers of it – which is not something I see every day!
This is especially true of Henry, who almost never eats something I have to re-heat! If I can find a meal he approves of, I know I have done my job!
An Adaptable Slow Cooker Soup Recipe
The beauty of this Spicy Crock Pot Sausage, Bean And Pasta Soup Recipe is it can be adapted so easily. If you don’t like spicy food, just leave out the peppers, sriracha and pepper flakes.
You can also make it a taco soup and add canned or frozen corn and some tomatoes. Or, do like I do, and see what you have in the pantry and have fun!
Seriously, you cannot mess this recipe up! Serve it with some crusty French bread and a salad and you are set!
Here is what you need to make the Spicy Crock Pot Sausage, Bean And Pasta Soup Recipe :
• 1 Package of small pasta, cooked according to package directions
• 1 Package of smoked sausage, sliced
• 1 tbsp. olive oil
• 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
• 2 cups chicken broth (I use chicken bouillon powder and add water)
• 1/2 cup chopped spicy pepperoncini peppers, seeded
• 1/4 cup juice from pepperoncini jar
• 1/4 Green Salsa Verde Sauce
• 2 cups chicken broth
• 1 small can of tomato paste
• 2-3 tablespoons chili powder
• 2 tablespoons chili pepper flakes
• 1 tablespoon sriracha
• 1 can black beans
• 1 can spicy pinto beans, or whatever beans you have in the pantry!
Step One: In a medium skillet, add olive oil. Add sausage and brown on both sides. You do not need to cook through, just brown it. Add garlic and cook for about 1 minute. Set aside.
Step Two: Add your chicken broth to the slow cooker.
Step Three: Add your canned goods into the slow cooker.
Step Four: Add the pepperoncini peppers
Step Five: Add your spices
Step Six: Add the pasta to the mix
Step Seven: Add your sausage and garlic and give everything a nice stir. Cook on low for 2-3 hours. Service with a nice loaf of crusty French bread and a salad. Yummy!
- 1 Package of small pasta, cooked according to package directions
- 1 Package of smoked sausage, sliced
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 2 cups chicken broth (I use chicken bouillon powder and add water)
- 1/2 cup chopped spicy pepperoncini peppers, seeded
- 1/4 cup juice from pepperoncini jar
- 1/4 Green Salsa Verde Sauce
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 small can of tomato paste
- 2-3 tablespoons chili powder
- 2 tablespoons chili pepper flakes
- 1 tablespoon sriracha
- 1 can black beans
- 1 can spicy pinto beans
- 1 can diced tomatoes
- In a medium skillet, add olive oil. Add sausage and brown on both sides. You do not need to cook through, just brown it. Add garlic and cook for about 1 minute. Set aside.
- In crock pot, add all your remaining ingredients and stir until well blended. Cook on low 2-3 hours. Garnish with sour cream and fresh green onion if desired. Enjoy!
Pioneer Woman Flea Market Portable Slow Cooker 6 QuartThe Pioneer Woman Butterfly Vintage Speckle 2-Pack Non-Stick Frying Pan Set, TurquoiseThe Pioneer Woman Flea Market Ceramic Decorated Measuring Cup, 4-cupGreener Chef Extra Large Organic Bamboo Cutting Board with NEW CRACK-PREVENTION TECHNOLOGY & LIFETIME REPLACEMENT WARRANTY – Best Wood Cutting Boards for Kitchen – Juice Groove for Meat – FDA ApprovedKuhn Rikon Set