Now that we are approaching the October 1st mark, the kids told me I could make all the Halloween goodies I wanted. One of the aspects of Henry’s rules is I cannot post about Halloween food until it is closer to October! He told me I could go ahead and make my easy peasy Spooky Halloween Candy Bark.
This super simple recipe is a huge crowd pleaser. I make it for every holiday. I made my Easter Candy Bark for Caitlin’s Robotics group last year. They asked me to make it twice since then. Yep, it is that tasty and that addictive! And I am happy to oblige because making the Spooky Halloween Candy Bark is so dang easy and won’t cost you an arm and a leg.
I prefer to use white chocolate for the Spooky Halloween Candy Bark. This is because I wanted this Halloween candy bark to have a Halloween color. It is easier to add the green food coloring to the white chocolate. The candy we add all depends on what is available at the local grocery stores.
Because I am a sprinkles hoarder (I have 8 jars), I am guaranteed to have the right sprinkles or candies to add to my candy bark. The main idea is to just have fun because it will be a hit with the kids no matter what you put in the recipe! And because it is so easy to make the Spooky Halloween Candy Bark, the kids can easily lend a hand in making it. Just like my tasty White Chocolate Coconut Halloween Ghost Apples!
- 1 package white chocolate chips
- ¾ cup Halloween M&Ms (if available)
- 1 cup crushed Halloween Oreos
- Halloween Sprinkles
- Melt white chocolate in a small pot on low heat – stirring constantly until all melted. (You can also melt in microwave at 30 second increments or until smooth)
- Pour over a baking sheet lined with a silicone baking mat or wax paper
- Sprinkle on crushed Oreos, M&Ms and sprinkles.
- Refrigerate for half hour-hour and then break into pieces
What would be your favorite ingredient to add to your Spooky Halloween Candy Bark?