Chocolate Chip Sour Cream Coffee Cake
I am feeling bittersweet about Christmas coming to an end. My daughter was up for a visit and seeing her leave makes me so sad! It was such a great few days!
I decided to brew a pot of coffee and serve myself a slice of my Chocolate Chip Sour Cream Coffee Cake! This is a recipe you can serve for breakfast or after dinner as dessert.
I have been making this Chocolate Chip Sour Cream Coffee Cake recipe for years and I still cannot get enough of it. I actually took one of my Gram’s coffee cake recipes and added a few touches to make my own version.
I know if you are searching for a recipe that is easy to make and the whole family will love, this Chocolate Chip Sour Cream Coffee Cake would be perfect! It is also a great recipe to make to welcome a new neighbor or take to a potluck!
Pair this sweet treat with a coffee indulgence with this White Chocolate Caramel Latte!
- 1 stick room temperature butter
- 1/2 cup butter flavored shortening
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup sour cream
- 2 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/4 cups mini chocolate chips, reserved
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Spray a bundt pan with nonstick baking spray.
- In bowl with a hand or stand mixer, cream the butter and sugar for 2 mins, or until light and fluffy. Add the sour cream, eggs, and vanilla and beat for 1 additional minute.
- In a large bowl, add flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Whisk together until well blended. Slowly add the flour mixture into the butter mixture.Using a paddle attachment or a wooden spoon, blend all the ingredients together thoroughly.
- Stir in 1 cup of chocolate chips into the mixture .
- Add the batter into your prepared bundt pan.
- Bake for 45-50 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean and the cake springs back when touched.Remove from the oven.
- Wait 10 minutes and then place a large plate on top and flip the cake out. Let the cake cool completely.
- Drizzle cake with chocolate syrup and sprinkle with chocolate chips.
Do you have a favorite coffee cake recipe? I would love to hear about it in the comments below!