This post may contain affiliate links. This is a sponsored post and I was compensated for writing this post. However, all opinions about “Secrets of Skinny Cooking.” and this Skinny Lemon Poppy Seed Overnight Oats are 100% mine.
When I was a kid we ate oatmeal every morning for breakfast. The whole family would sit around our massive table and spoon it UP. Back then, it was a necessary staple.
Now I am older and have my own children sitting around the table. Now it is an affordable and healthy breakfast option for my family.
Nowadays, it can be tough to get my family to eat a nutritious breakfast. We have very busy schedules and demanding late nights. That is why this recipe for Skinny Lemon Poppy Seed Overnight Oats is perfect for my family.
It is not only filling but is heart healthy and the calorie count is just 216. Now that is a recipe I can get excited about making AND eating!
And, it is so easy to make! Because our mornings can busy and chaotic, we don’t have time for cooking oatmeal from scratch.
We knew we had to do something different. Skinny Lemon Poppy Seed Overnight Oats for breakfast was the answer! Serve them to dad this Father’s Day, capped off with these Superhero Mason Jar Lid Coasters.
Everyone knows that oatmeal needs a little something to add flavor, and for us we love using fresh fruit and yogurt! To make this Skinny Lemon Poppy Seed Overnight Oats, you need just a few ingredients. For each individual serving, you need:
- Skinny Lemon Poppy Seed Overnight Oats recipe
- One container of light Vanilla Greek Yogurt
- 1/4 cup fast cooking or old-fashioned oats
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1 1/2 teaspoons poppy seeds, divided
- 1/2 cup blueberries
- In an 8 ounce mason jar or container, combine yogurt, juice, oats, 1 teaspoon of lemon zest and poppy seeds (awesome for development of red blood cells!) Close container and leave overnight in the fridge.
- In the morning, top with blueberries and remaining lemon zest and enjoy! You can also add granola, nuts or other toppings. Just wait until the morning so they stay nice and crunchy!
In an 8 ounce mason jar or container, combine yogurt, juice, oats, 1 teaspoon of lemon zest and poppy seeds (awesome for development of red blood cells!) Close container and leave overnight in the fridge.
In the morning, top with blueberries and remaining lemon zest and enjoy! You can also add granola, nuts or other toppings. Just wait until the morning so they stay nice and crunchy!
I am in love with the cookbook where I found the recipe for the Skinny Lemon Poppy Seed Overnight Oats. “Secrets of Skinny Cooking” was written by Victoria Dwek and Shani Taub, C.D.C., C.N, and published by Artscroll.
The Secrets of Skinny Cooking features:
- Over 135 delicious and easy-to-prepare recipes, with breathtaking photos for each dish
- Secret techniques and tips for zapping the calories from any dish … without zapping the flavor (such as, “How to Sauté and Caramelize Onions Without Oil.”)
- Make ahead info, family-friendly adaptations, and cooking tips from Victoria
- Nutritional information, advice, and motivation from Shani
- Plenty of gluten-free, sugar-free, low carb, Whole30, and Paleo options
- And all recipes are kosher
Every meal is covered! Enjoy filling breakfasts, super light salads, 5-ingredient veggie sides, friendly carbs, satisfying soups, creamy and dreamy dairy dishes, filling and flavorful mains, and even sweet treats. This is a cookbook you will refer to over and over again!
Here are all the items you need to make your Skinny Lemon Poppy Seed Overnight Oats recipe. Just click to order!