This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #ShareTheHoliday #CollectiveBias As with many people, I love the holidays. I love the music, the decorations, the spirit of Christmas and giving to others and of course, the food! My mom taught me how to cook and I am passing that knowledge on to my daughter. Caitlin really enjoys helping me in the kitchen, especially if we are making something for her school. Caitlin is a member of the Robotics team and the Scholar’s Bowl. Every year, we bake treats for both groups. This year, we are making White Chocolate Peppermint Crispy Rice Cereal Treats for her Robotics team.
I love making these White Chocolate Peppermint Crispy Rice Cereal Treats because they are so easy, fast and cheap to make. Oh, and the kids LOVE them! I mean, who doesn’t like a good crispy rice cereal treat with chocolate and peppermint!? Because these are no bake, even Henry will get a hankering to help out making them. I usually end up making several batches of these White Chocolate Peppermint Crispy Rice Cereal Treats. This gives us enough to share with Caitlin’s team, my husband’s office, for our family, our neighbors, my BFF’s family and even our mail and delivery guys. Please also take a look at my Watermelon and Candy Corn Crispy Rice Cereal Treats.
When it comes time to package the White Chocolate Peppermint Crispy Rice Cereal Treats up, I always use a Rubbermaid TakeAlongs container, which I purchase at Walmart. My mom used Rubbermaid when I was a kid and now I am using it in my kitchen. These containers are perfect for your holiday treats or leftovers and comes in a variety of festive holiday colors and prints like Red, Green, and holiday prints. Because they are microwave and dishwasher safe, your giving a gift that can be reused long after the food that came in them has been eaten!
With their Quik Clik Seal™ technology, I don’t worry about my food spilling before it gets delivered. You can find several different Rubbermaid TakeAlongs products at your local Walmart including the TakeAlongs Rectangle, TakeAlongs Deep Square, TakeAlongs Serving Bowl, TakeAlongs Serving Rectangle, TakeAlongs Rectangle, and the TakeAlongs Deviled Egg Tray. Yes! A Deviled Egg Tray!! So excited about that one! When you purchase your favorite Rubbermaid TakeAlongs products, be sure to take advantage of the $1 Off Of Any 2 Rubbermaid TakeAlongs Products rebate offer, exclusive to Walmart shoppers.
Before I send Caitlin off to school with her White Chocolate Peppermint Crispy Rice Cereal Treats, they need the perfect gift tag! Because Caitlin’s Robotics team are called the STEMPunks, I wanted to create a steam punk inspired gift tag.
All you need is:
- A plain gift tag as your base
- Vintage looking paper flowers
- Steam Punk inspired embellishments
Caitlin and I arranged the different elements on the tag, glued them down with the glue gun and we were done in less than 5 min. We addressed the tag to the STEMPunks, filled the Rubbermaid TakeAlongs containers with the White Chocolate Peppermint Crispy Rice Cereal Treats and we were ready to deliver them to the Robotics team.
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 6 cups crispy rice cereal
- 1 package (10 ounces) peppermint marshmallows (I found them at Walmart in the baking section with the regular marshmallows. They are seasonal, so they won't be here after the holidays)
- 2 cups white chocolate chips or white Wilton Candy Melts
- 3 candy canes or 10 peppermints, crushed,
- 1/4 teaspoon oil
- Line a 9×13 pan with wax paper and spray. Make sure you get the sides!
- In a large plastic bag, crush candy canes or peppermints
- Melt butter in a large microwave safe bowl in the microwave.
- Add marshmallows and stir, until well coated. Heat for 30 seconds and stir, repeat until completely melted and smooth
- Add crispy rice cereal,and stir until well coated.
- With buttered or lightly greased hands, press mixture into prepared pan.
- Melt white chocolate chips or Wilton Candy Melts in a small bowl. Add oil and heat in microwave for 30 seconds. Stir and repeat until smooth.
- Spread melted chocolate evenly on top of rice krispies treat
- Sprinkle crushed candy canes or peppermints on top.
- Place pan in fridge for at least 30 minutes. Cut into squares and serve.
Who would love these White Chocolate Peppermint Crispy Rice Cereal Treats tucked in a TakeAlongs container?