M&M Red Velvet Brownies With Cream Cheese Recipe
When it comes to desserts, I am first in line! I love just about anything sweet. Give me cake, brownies, ice cream, cheesecake, cookies or pie. I love them all.
My favorite flavor has always been red velvet. It was no surprise that my kids are obsessed with anything red velvet too. The rich dark red color and the decadently rich cocoa flavor are more than you can resist!
Easy To Make and Hard To Put Down
If you are a baker, you probably have most of the ingredients for this M&M Red Velvet Brownies With Cream Cheese Recipe in your pantry. If I have the time, I prefer to make my recipes from scratch.
If you do not want to or have the time to make these brownies from scratch, you can substitute a red velvet brownie mix. You can also take a chocolate brownie mix and add the red food coloring and M&M’s.
When it comes to the M&M’s you choose to put in this M&M Red Velvet Brownies With Cream Cheese Recipe, any will work. I chose the Valentine’s Day colored variety that was available at Walmart when I made this recipe.
These brownies are so dang yummy, you will see them disappear as if by magic! If you want to make this M&M Red Velvet Brownies With Cream Cheese Recipe for the kid’s classroom, be sure to make extras. If you don’t, people may be fighting over the last one lol!
These brownies are perfect with a glass of cold milk. They are the perfect dessert for the kids after you have eaten my Kid Friendly Skinny Meatloaf Muffins With Mashed Potatoes! This is an easy dinner recipe my kids absolutely love!
- 1 cup semi sweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 4 ounces low fat cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup granulated sugar substitute
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 cup M&M's (I used Valentine's Day colors)
- 1 tablespoon red food coloring
- Preheat oven to 350° and lightly grease one 9x9 pan
- Whisk in the butter, sugar substitute, vanilla, cream cheese and eggs, 1 at a time.
- Stir in the flour, baking powder, salt, chocolate chips, M&M's and food coloring.
- Pour mixture into pan.
- Bake at 350° for 35 to 40 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack and then slice into squares.
Do you have a favorite recipe you use that includes M&M’s? I would love to hear in the comments below!