When it comes to desserts, I am first in line! I love just about anything sweet. Give me cake, brownies, ice cream, cheesecake, cookies or pie. I love them all. My favorite flavor has always been red velvet. It was no surprise that my kids are obsessed with anything red velvet too. I think I know where they got it from! The rich dark red color and the decadently rich cocoa flavor are more than you can resist!
If you are a baker, you probably have most of the ingredients for this M&M Red Velvet Brownies Recipe in your pantry. If I have the time, I prefer to make my recipes from scratch. If you do not want to or have the time to make these brownies from scratch, you can substitute a red velvet brownie mix. You can also take a chocolate brownie mix and add the bottle of red food coloring to it. When it comes to the M&M’s you choose to put in this M&M Red Velvet Brownies Recipe, any will work. I chose the Valentine’s Day colored variety that was available at Walmart when I made this recipe.
These brownies are so dang yummy, you will see them disappear as if by magic! If you want to take these to the kid’s school be sure to make extras of this M&M Red Velvet Brownies Recipe or there may not be any left to share with the kids classmates and teachers! These brownies are perfect with a glass of cold milk. They are the perfect dessert for the kids after you have eaten my Kid Friendly Skinny Meatloaf Muffins With Mashed Potatoes! This is an easy dinner recipe my kids absolutely love!
- 4 ounces bittersweet baking chocolate, chopped
- 1 cup semi sweet chocolate chips
- 3/4 cup butter, softened
- 2 cups sugar
- 4 large eggs
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- M&M's (I used Valentine's Day colors)
- 1 (1-oz.) bottle red food coloring
- Preheat oven to 350° and lightly grease one 9x9 pan
- Microwave the chocolate in a microwave-safe bowl at HIGH 1 1/2 to 2 minutes or until melted and smooth, stirring every 30 seconds. Whisk in the sugar and eggs, 1 at a time. Stir in the flour, baking powder, salt, vanilla, chocolate chips, M&M's and food coloring. Pour mixture into pan.
- Bake at 350° for 35 to 40 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack and then slice into squares.
Do you have a favorite recipe you use that includes M&M’s? I would love to hear in the comments below!