This Meatloaf Recipe Best In The World?
I grew up in a family who loved food. My mom and grandmother were excellent cooks and my dad, me and my siblings were more than happy to eat whatever they put in front of us! My girls have the same foodie heart as their mom and are good eaters.
Who Has A Picky Eater At Home?
And then came my son. Where did this picky eater come from? Surely it must be from my husband’s side of the family, right?! Well, not exactly. His aversion to most foods comes from his autism.
Kids On The Autism Spectrum
My son has a list of all the foods he will eat. He hasn’t changed it much over the years. There are exactly 10 items on it. One of the favorites that is at the top of the list are Goldfish® crackers.
Gram’s Best Meatloaf Recipe
When I was making my Gram’s meatloaf recipe, I had an idea. Why not put Henry’s favorite snack in the meatloaf instead of the traditional bread crumbs? I asked what he thought and he said, “If you put Goldfish® crackers in it, I bet it would taste good!” Well, yes sir!! And guess what? He LOVES it!
There Are Goldfish Crackers In Your Meatloaf!
We had friends over recently for dinner and I made my Easy Meatloaf recipe. Henry was so excited that as soon as they took a bite, he shouted, “There are Goldfish® crackers hiding in the meatloaf!”
Needless to say, everyone loved the meatloaf and had seconds…there were no leftovers! And after dinner, we all had a big piece of my Easy Pound Cake Recipe with fresh fruit and whipped cream!
- 1 pound ground chuck
- 1 pound ground sausage
- 1/4 cup minced onion
- 1/8 cup diced garlic
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 tbsp. Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tbsp. soy sauce
- 1/4 cup milk
- 3 tbsp. plain Greek yogurt
- 1/4 cup seasoned bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup crushed Goldfish® crackers
- 1 tbsp. butter
- 1 tsp. salt and pepper to taste
- 1 can tomato sauce, divided
- 1/8 cup brown sugar
- 2 tbsp. ketchup
- Preheat oven to 350
- In a medium saucepan, heat butter. Add onion and garlic, cook until onions are translucent (about 4-5 mins. )
- In a large bowl, add all ingredients except the brown sugar, ketchup and remaining tomato sauce. Mix these in a small bowl and set aside. This is for the topping. When you add the milk, so so slowly, so your mixture is moist, but not super watery looking.
- Add mixture to a standard loaf pan.
- Bake for 35-40 mins. Take pan out of oven. Add topping and bake for an additional 10-15 minutes.
Have you ever used unusual ingredients in a recipe to get your kids to like it? If so, what did you make? What was the ingredient?