Growing up in a large family was no picnic! We lived in a four bedroom house with two bathrooms for eight people. Do the math people! Cramped quarters! I will say, with all those people in a small space meant we were a close knit group. The one place we loved to gather was our big dining room table. Mom was a great cook, so when we sat down to eat, it was always a pleasure.
Affordable Meals The Family Will Love
When you are in charge of feeding a small army on a tight budget, you need mad skills in the kitchen! Not only do you need to feed a sea of hungry bellies, you need to do it on a dime. One of mom’s go-to meals that was a huge crowd pleaser were Manwich Sloppy Joe’s. Pair those with some tater tots and a vegetable and you were one happy camper!
When I became a mom, I knew I would also feed my family that childhood favorite of mine! And my kids love eating those Manwich Sloppy Joe’s as much as my siblings and I did. And I love how easy, affordable and delicious a Manwich Sloppy Joe Sandwich is!
Make Tonight a Manwich Night
If there is one thing that can get my family around the table in a hurry, it would be when I serve that tangy Manwich sauce. Isn’t amazing how Manwich can transform ordinary ground beef into something magical!
And with Manwich, you can create so much more than a classic Sloppy Joe sandwich. If you want to “Make Tonight a Manwich Night”, visit the Manwich page and get recipes and more.
Manwich Sloppy Joe Taco Ring Recipe
Want to get your kids away from their video games or phones? Serve them a meal using their favorite Manwich sauce! We love my Manwich Sloppy Joe Taco Ring Recipe. We love taking the flavors of Taco Night and adding that hearty sauce with a sweet and tangy taste!
We love all three Manwich flavors (Original, Bold, Thick & Chunky.) To give our Manwich Sloppy Joe Taco Ring Recipe that extra zing, we use the Bold flavor.
Getting Your Family Around The Table
As with many families, we are pulled in a million directions during the week. The only place we can connect and catch up is around the dinner table. This is a time of day we all look forward to. It is a time we can put aside all the distractions of our day and focus on one another. We probably make my Manwich Sloppy Joe Taco Ring Recipe 2-3 times a month.
Yes, it is that good! And just like with a traditional Manwich Sloppy Joe, you need to eat this meal with both hands! And because Manwich doesn’t have meat in the sauce, we can add the tangy sauce to pasta, zoodles or our Eggplant Parm recipe for a vegetarian meal.
How do you use your favorite Manwich sauce? Do you have a favorite recipe you add it to or do you go for the classic Sloppy Joe? Be sure to follow Manwich on Twitter and stay up to date on the latest new, recipes and more!
- 1 can of Manwich sauce
- 1 pound ground beef or turkey
- 2 cans of refrigerated crescent dinner rolls
- 1 small can of diced green chilies
- 1 small can of sliced ripe olives
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella/pizza cheese, divided
- 2 cups of shredded lettuce
- 1 cup diced tomatoes
- 1 cup of sour cream
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Brown your ground beef or turkey. Add your Manwich sauce. Set pan aside.
- Line a large cookie sheet or pizza pan with parchment paper or a silicone baking mat.
- Unroll the crescent rolls and separate into 8 rectangles.
- Arrange the rectangles on your cookie sheet/pizza pan in a ring. The short sides of your crescent roll will form a circle in the middle.
- Spread your Manwich mixture evenly onto the ring near the middle.
- Next add your chilies, olives and 1 cup of cheese.
- Next, bring the rectangle of your dough over your filling. Tuck it underneath the bottom layer of the dough. Continue this process until you have done this on all your rectangles.
- Bake your ring for 25-30 minutes or until it is nice and golden brown. Cool for 5-10 minutes before you slice and serve.
- In the middle of the ring, add your lettuce, cheese, and tomatoes. Serve sour cream for dipping.