I participated in an Influencer Activation on behalf of Influence Central for McCafé packaged coffee. I received product samples as well as a monetary promotional incentive to thank me for my participation. When it comes to the holidays, it seems I am in survival mode from Thanksgiving to New Year’s! I was just telling my husband how easy he and the kids have it. I do all the shopping, baking, cooking, wrapping and cleaning and they just show up to enjoy the fruits of my labors!
In all seriousness, I really do love all the hustle and bustle of the holidays. I love to be in the kitchen, creating all kinds of yummy goodness for my friends and family. One of our family favorites are my homemade mini apple turnovers. They are the perfect holiday treat that is meant to be shared!
When I get a bit too frazzled, I know I need to step back and have a little time to myself. I know many of us do so much for others during the holiday season and tend to neglect ourselves a little bit. When I feel that happening, I love to sit down with a cup of coffee and a few of my homemade mini apple turnovers.
My favorite coffee is the McDonald’s McCafé, but I don’t always have time to run over there to grab a cuppa. Thank goodness I can now enjoy my favorite McCafé coffee in the comfort of my own home. Of the McCafé packaged coffee, you can enjoy several roasts and blends including Premium Roast, French Roast, Breakfast Blend and Colombian, and different flavors, such as French Vanilla and Hazelnut.
I cannot tell you how happy this makes me! I have a huge stash in the house of my favorite McCafé packaged coffee Breakfast Blend and Hazelnut. I bought my daughter the McCafé packaged coffee French Roast, Ground Colombian and the French Vanilla K-CUPS. What is great is I can pick up my favorite McCafé where I normally do my grocery shopping, which makes it super convenient. The McCafé coffees are made with 100% Arabica beans, and comes in ground and K-CUP packaging.
Of course, I still love to savor a cup of McCafé from my local McDonald’s while the kids are at school (Shhhhh…it’s my secret hideaway!) For more info on the McCafé coffee, just visit the McCafé at Home landing page. Be sure to be social and like McCafé on Facebook and follow them on Twitter. Thank you Influence Central for bringing the delectable McCafé packaged coffee into my home!
- 1 1/4 cups all purpose flour
- 2 tbsp. powdered sugar
- 1/2 tsp. salt, divided
- 5 1/2 tbsp. cold butter
- 6 tbsp. ice water
- 3 cups diced & peeled granny smith apples
- 3 tbsp. brown sugar
- 2 tsp. coconut oil
- 1/2 tsp. cinnamon
- 1 egg white, lightly beaten
- 1 tbsp. granulated sugar
- Preheat oven to 425
- In a stand mixer or food processor, combine flour, powdered sugar, and 1/4 tsp. of salt. Add butter and mix until mixture is coarse crumbles. Add in ice water. Press dough into a medium size circle on plastic wrap and cover. Chill for 30 minutes.
- For apple filing: In a medium saucepan, combine apples, remaining salt, brown sugar, cinnamon and coconut oil. Cook until soft, 7-8 minutes. Let cool completely.
- Take out your chilled dough and separate into 5-6 5" circles. Using a small cookie cutter (optional) cut shapes into one side of the circle. On the uncut side, spoon in 2 tsp. of apple mixture. Fold cut out side of dough over onto apple mixture and crimp closed. Place on cookie sheet with silicone baking sheet. Brush each pie with egg white and sprinkle with granulated sugar. Bake for 20 minutes or until nice and brown. Allow to cool.
When is your favorite time to enjoy a snack like my homemade mini apple turnovers?