To get the rebate, you just visit the Hamburger Helper coupon page and print the rebate form. Next, go to the grocery store and choose 3 of your favorite Hamburger Helper flavors and a pound of lean ground beef. Fill out the rebate form, attach your receipt and you can get reimbursed up to $8.06 for your ground beef! At my grocery store, Hamburger Helper was 2/$3.00, so I got 4 boxes, along with my lean ground beef. The other ingredients I needed for my Hamburger Helper Shepherds Pie recipe cost less than $5.
Hamburger Helper has always been a value brand, launching in the 1970’s to help consumers stretch their dollars while also enjoying a delicious and hearty meal. I was raised by a single mother who was on a tight budget. She wanted to feed us a flavorful meal with protein that didn’t break her food budget. With Hamburger Helper, she was able to stretch her dollar and feel good about the meal she was serving us. Now Hamburger Helper is demonstrating their value again in a new way, with free ground beef!
Another reason I love Hamburger Helper, especially when I was making it when Chelsea was recovering, is the simple, one pan prep. This meant less time in the kitchen and more time lending a helping hand to my daughter. As I was taking care of Chelsea and making one of her favorite Hamburger Helper dishes, I could see why my mom made it so often. It was affordable but nutritious and we ate it up, every time she made it. Now here I was doing the same thing for my daughter. You know what is really cool? One of these days, she will be doing the same for her kids!
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- Hot water and milk called for on Hamburger Helper box
- 1 box Hamburger Helper™ Salisbury
- 1 1/2 cups Green Giant™ frozen mixed vegetables, thawed
- Mashed potatoes (dry) for 6 servings
- Water, milk and butter called for on mashed potatoes box for 6 servings
- 1/4 cup shredded Cheddar cheese (1 oz)
- Chopped fresh parsley
- In 10-inch skillet, cook beef over medium-high heat 5 to 7 minutes, stirring frequently, until brown; drain. Stir in hot water, milk, sauce mix and uncooked pasta (from Hamburger Helper box) and thawed vegetables. Heat to boiling, stirring occasionally.
- Reduce heat; cover and simmer about 10 minutes, stirring occasionally, until pasta and vegetables are tender. Remove from heat.
- Meanwhile, make potatoes as directed on box for 6 servings. Spoon and gently spread mashed potatoes over pasta mixture. Sprinkle with cheese. Cover; let stand about 5 minutes or until cheese is melted. Sprinkle with parsley.
What Hamburger Helper dish will you make when you use your rebate?