Wheeeeeeee…Halloween is coming! We get pretty excited about Halloween in our house! My best friend and I usually take the kids out trick-or-treating and have a party afterwards. This year I wanted to bring a snack that was kid friendly and something yummy the kids would enjoy. I decided to make some fun Halloween treats. I came up with these White Chocolate Coconut Ghost Apples. They will be perfect!
The way I came up with this recipe was a little bit of an accident. I saw these cute white chocolate covered ghost apples in a magazine. I melted the white Wilton candies and dipped my first apple into the mixture. The melted chocolate candies slid down the apple. Time for Plan B!
I looked in the pantry to see what I could use to cover up my melted mess. I found some shredded coconut. It was perfect to cover up my weird looking apples! I rolled the apples in the shredded coconut and then drizzled on more chocolate. Then patted on more of the coconut. This was a brilliant move! I was so proud of my creation. I could not wait to show the White Chocolate Coconut Ghost Apples to my family.
I opened the freezer and showed the White Chocolate Coconut Ghost Apples to my husband. He said they looked more like an abominable snowman apple than a ghost. No matter, they make some adorable and fun Halloween treats! I used smaller apples to keep them from falling off the cake pop sticks. To add some color, I slid a Halloween inspired straw over the sticks. The end result are some fun Halloween treats that will wow the folks at our Halloween party! Another great Halloween treat are my Chocolate Dipped Halloween Caramel Popcorn Balls.
- 1 large bag of white Wilton candies or white chocolate chips
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 6 small apples
- 1 small bag of shredded coconut
- 6 cake pop sticks
- 6 Halloween inspired straws (optional)
- Candy eyes
- Pour chocolates into a microwave safe bowl. Add coconut oil. Melt at 30 second intervals, stirring after each until chocolate is completely melted.
- Gently slide cake pop sticks into the top of each apple
- Dip your apple into the melted chocolate, making sure to coat evenly.
- Cover apple in shredded coconuts
- Dip candy eye into melted chocolate and stick to the apple
- Freeze for at least one hour.
Do you make fun Halloween treats? What are your favorite to make for parties?