With Halloween around the corner, the kids have been asking me to make some of their favorite snacks. Caitlin has a Robotics party on Saturday and all the parents are bringing a snack. One of her favorite fun Halloween snacks are my Candy Corn Rice Krispies Treats. I made a similar snack, Watermelon Rice Krispies Treats, for their summer meeting and they were a big hit.
These Candy Corn Rice Krispies Treats are your basic Rice Krispies Treats recipe. The only differences are the jello flavors and the extra ring to make the third layer of the Candy Corn. What I love about this recipe is the kids loves these fun Halloween snacks and they are cheap to make. The kids also think they look cool, so I get mom bonus points with that one, right!?
These are great for the kid’s classroom treats too. Grab a roll of cellophane and some ribbon from the Dollar Tree. Cut out an extra large square of the cellophane and wrap the Candy Corn Rice Krispies Treats. Tie with a colorful curling ribbon and you are set! The teachers and the kids will be super impressed!
- 3 Tbsp. butter or margarine, divided
- 3 Tbsp. orange jello (about 1/2 of 3- oz. pkg.)
- 3 Tbsp. lemon jello (about 1/2 of 3- oz. pkg.)
- 1 pkg. (10 oz.) Mini marshmallows,
- 7 cups Rice Krispies cereal,
- Straws or cake op sticks (optional)
- Microwave 2 Tbsp. butter in large microwaveable bowl on high for 25 sec. or until melted.
- Add 3 cups marshmallows and toss to coat evenly . '
- Microwave 1-1/2 min.(stirring after 45 sec.) or until marshmallows are completely melted and mixture is well blended,
- Stir in dry lemon gelatin mix and microwave for 15 sec.; mix well.
- Add 3 cups of cereal; mix well.
- Press to form rim around cereal mixture in pan sprayed with cooking spray
- Microwave remaining butter in separate large microwaveable bowl 25 sec. or until melted. ;
- Repeat above steps for the middle, using the orange jello.
- Add remaining marshmallows; toss to coat. Microwave 1-1/2 min. (stirring after 45 sec.) or until marshmallows are completely melted and mixture is well blended,
- Stir in dry gelatin mix and microwave for 15 sec.; mix well.
- Add remaining cereal; mix well.
- Press cereal mixture into 6-inch circle in center of 8-inch round pan sprayed with cooking spray.
What is your favorite fun Halloween snack you make each year?