Easy Chocolate Chip Coffee Cake Muffin Recipe
I am not a morning person! I will hit that snooze button until the last-minute. So, needless to say, mornings can be a bit hectic in my house. Most days, we are running out the door to make it to school on time.
Making Mornings Easier
The kids are older, so a grab and go breakfast is what’s on the menu most days! I love an easy recipe I can make ahead and freeze. My Easy Chocolate Chip Coffee Cake Muffin recipe are the perfect breakfast option on those busy mornings!
An After School Snack My Family Loves
When Caitlin gets home from school, she is starving! Her lunch break is at noon, so when she gets home at 3:30, her belly is rumbling! Before she starts her homework, she grabs an Chocolate Chip Coffee Cake Muffin.
A New Spin On A Family Favorite Recipe
My Easy Chocolate Chip Coffee Cake Muffin recipe is a twist on a recipe my mom used to make. Mom made this amazing Cinnamon Chocolate Streusel Crumb Cake every Sunday when we were kids. I thought it would be fun to make mom’s recipe into muffins.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 Cup cinnamon cereal, crushed, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1 cup light brown sugar
- 1 cup sour cream
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon maple flavoring
- 2 large eggs
- Streusel topping
- 3½ tablespoons butter, melted
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup cinnamon cereal, crushed
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Streusel topping: Add butter, brown sugar, flour, and remaining crushed cinnamon cerealo to a small bowl. Mix together until the streusel forms a crumb like texture similar to wet sand. Set aside.
- Add flour, salt, cinnamon, nutmeg, 1/4 cup crushed cinnamon cereal and baking powder to a large bowl.
- Cream butter and sugar until combined.
- Add in sour cream, vanilla, maple flavoring and eggs. Mix to combine and scrap sides, Do not over mix.
- Scoop batter into a greased muffin pan. Fill 2/3 of the way.
- Sprinkle each muffin with streusel.
- Place in the oven and bake for 15-20 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Allow the muffins to cool for 2-3 minutes before you transfer them to a wire rack to cool completely.
Who in your family would love this Easy Chocolate Chip Coffee Cake Muffin recipe?