I love to cook! And when I say I love to cook, I mean it! Like, I would marry cooking if I could (hee hee hee) My mom was a fantastic cook and she taught me well. I am so happy to see my girls have the same passion for cooking as I do. My oldest has been on her own for many years now.
I enjoy visiting Chelsea in Atlanta. It is fun to have the tables turned and have her cook for me. Of course, I cook for her and her fiance too. One of their favorite recipes are my Loaded Cheeseburger Muffins. They are an easy dinner solution the whole family will love!
I am like many moms. I am busy from sun up to sundown. I have one child in school and I homeschool another. I also work from home. I am a blog owner (I guess you already knew that, huh?!) I also take care of my house, run errands and try to fit going to the gym in there. To say there is not a lot of time to cook is an understatement. Finding an easy dinner solution is key.
This Loaded Cheeseburger Muffins recipe is perfect for my busy lifestyle. This is a perfect recipe for mom’s on a time crunch. It takes about five minutes to prepare and just about 30 minutes to bake. They are also freezer friendly. You can make two batches; one to eat and one to freeze for later.
These Loaded Cheeseburger Muffins are a versatile the recipe is. You can make it a healthier meal with a few substitutions. You can substitute whole wheat flour, low fat cheese, ground turkey and turkey bacon. To be honest, my kids cannot tell the difference between the healthy or the not as healthy recipe. Tweak the recipe to suit your needs and have fun with it! Your family is going to LOVE it, I promise!
- 1/2 pound lean ground beef or turkey
- 1/2 pound ground sausage or turkey sausage
- 1/2 cup chopped bacon
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh garlic
- 1 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
- Baking Mixture:
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- Heat oven to 375°F. Spray 12 regular-size muffin cups with cooking spray.
- In a medium skillet, brown beef, sausage, garlic and onion over medium-high heat. About 5 minutes. Drain. Return pan to burner and cook bacon. Allow to cool. Chop bacon and add to meat mixture. Stir in Worcestershire and soy sauce, salt, and cheese.
- In medium bowl, add in dry ingredients and mix well. Add wet ingredients and mix well.
- Fill the bottom of each muffin cup with baking mixture. About 1-2 tablespoons. Add in about 1/4 cup burger mixture. Top with 1-2 tablespoons of baking mixture.
- Bake about 30 minutes or until muffin tops are golden brown. Cool 5 minutes. Cool about 5 minutes. Serve with all your favorite cheeseburger fixings!
Do you have a quick dinner solution your family loves? I would love to hear about it in the comments below!