Double Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Cheesecake Brownies
Are you team chocolate or team pumpkin? This is a debate we have often in my home. You? If you come to my house in the fall, you better have your armor on because you are entering a war zone.
When it comes to football, I am a UGA or Tennessee Vols fan, while he is a Wolverine fan through and through. The divide does not stop at football either. It carries over into our taste buds too.
The Best Of Both Worlds
I would rather poke my eye out than to live without chocolate. My husband could care less if he ever ate chocolate again! I am team chocolate and my husband and daughter are team pumpkin.
How do I make peace and wave the proverbial white flag? I make my Double Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Cheesecake Brownies! We may be on opposing sides when it comes to football. When it comes to our sweet tooth, this recipe gives us the best of both worlds.
Perfectly Balanced Flavors
These Double Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Cheesecake Brownies are so easy to make. The pumpkin and chocolate flavors are not screaming to compete with each other.
Make Plenty To Share
For her robotics team at school, Caitlin always signs me up to bring the dessert! They are meeting this coming weekend and guess what I am bringing?
Of course, I will make two batches so my husband and I can enjoy them as well. So, on the food front, I will raise my white flag, because I this recipe blurs the lines between the two teams. When it comes to football? GAME ON!!
- Pumpkin Cheesecake
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- 8 ounces cream cheese, at room temperature
- 6 tablespoons sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 tbs. pumpkin pie spice
- 1 large egg, at room temperature
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 chocolate brownie mix
- 1 1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips, divided
- In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, beat the cream cheese on medium-low until smooth, scraping down the sides of the bowl as necessary. Add the sugar and beat on medium speed until fluffy, a few minutes, scraping the bowl and paddle once or twice to make sure the mixture is completely smooth. Beat in the salt and spices until combined, then the egg and vanilla extract. Peel the paper towels off of the pumpkin puree and add it in, scraping the bowl and paddle again, until the mixture is well blended. Place the cheesecake batter in the refrigerator.
- Prepare brownies according to the package directions. Add 1 cup of chocolate chips. Spread into a well greased 8x8 baking dish. Add your pumpkin cheesecake mixture.
- Bake according to directions on brownie box. Brownies are done when toothpick comes out clean. Allow to cool. Melt the remaining 1/2 cup of chocolate chips in the microwave with 1 tsp. vegetable oil. Mix well. Drizzle over your brownies. Cut into squares and enjoy!
Are you team pumpkin or team chocolate? What is your favorite fall dessert?
This post includes affiliate links or images. Get the supplies you need to make this recipe from Amazon.