Cute Spooky Halloween Eyeball Cupcakes aka Eye Of Newt Cupcakes
This is a Fashionista Event and a promotional item was provided to me by Celebration by Frey. Hosts for this event are Still Blonde after all these Years and ModlyChic. Make these Cute Spooky Halloween Eyeball Cupcakes aka Eye Of Newt Cupcakes for your next Halloween party!
…..I have been terrified of Halloween since I almost had a heart attack when I was 10.
It happened the year my sister and I were 9 and 10 and my brother was 20. That year, mom was working on Halloween, so my brother took us trick-or-treating.
In just 30 minutes, our Halloween bags were getting heavy and we were having a blast. Then we came to “The House.” The house was foreboding and I didn’t want to go. My sister and brother called me a big chicken. So I went.
The porch was lit with a strobe light. There was a fog machine, which upped the spookiness factor. There was a sign that directed you to come into the house. Inside the house, candles were lit and there was a table with a bowl candy, next to a full sized coffin.
As I reached into the bowl of candy, the coffin lid flew open. A man dressed as a ghoul, sat up and shrieked. He scared me so bad, I almost had a heart attack.
Ever since, I have made a promise to myself to make Halloween spooky, but not spooky enough to give you a heart attack!
The kids decorate the house in preparation for our adorable trick-or-treaters. We usually have a Halloween party or two to attend, so I always make a fun, yet spooky treat.
This year, I decided to make these Cute Spooky Halloween Eyeball Cupcakes aka Eye Of Newt Cupcakes. These cupcakes are easy to make and are so stinking cute! Don’t you think?
To make these Cute Spooky Halloween Eyeball Cupcakes aka Eye Of Newt Cupcakes you just need a few items. You will need:
- 6 Small clay pots
- Black acrylic paint
- Paint brush
- One Devil’s Food cake mix (appropriate for Halloween, right?!)
- Vanilla frosting
- Neon green food coloring (regular green is fine if you cannot find the neon)
- 1 pack Lime Green Sixlets®
- 1 pack Celebration by Frey™ Lime Green Pearls
- 1 Pack Celebration by Frey Googlie Eyes
To make the Creepy Cyclops Cupcakes, you need these additional items:
- 1 Pack Shimmer White Sixlets
- 1 Pack Sixlets Halloween Mi
- 1 Pack Celebration by Frey Googlie Eyes Gumballs
To create your Eye Of Newt Cupcakes, follow these steps:
- Step One: Bake your cupcakes according to directions. Allow to cool completely.
- Step Two: While the cupcakes are baking, paint your clay pots. Allow to dry completely.
- Step Three: Add your frosting to a small bowl. Add one drop of food coloring and mix into frosting. Continue to add one drop at a time until desired color is achieved.
- Step Four: Place your cupcakes into the clay pots. Only your “muffin top” of your cupcake should be exposed.
- Step Five: Frost your cupcake, covering the “muffin top” completely.
- Step Six: Using combination of your Line Green Sixlets, Lime Green Pearls and Googlie Eyes, place into frosting.
A huge part of our Halloween celebrations includes lots of delicious treats. My favorite spooky treats are those from Celebration by Frey and Sixlets.
They have such a great selection of fun and yummy candies for both my holiday baking as well as for handing out to our little ghosts and goblins. You can buy such treats as their Sixlets® 8-ball Tube Halloween Mix, Googlie Eyes Gumballs, Nerds Filled Spooky Eyes Gumballs and more.
Let the kids have fun and create their own cupcakes! Mine made their “Creepy Cyclops Cupckaes.” Aren’t they cute?
They are a fun, easy, and affordable way to make any Halloween memorable. **Please note no one had a heart attack during the making of these Spooky Eye Of Newt Cupcakes!**
Is your mouth watering for some sweet treats from Celebration by Frey and Sixlets? You can purchase your Celebration by Frey and Sixlets from retailers around the country such as Walmart, Hobby Lobby, Wegmans, Meijer and many more! Be sure to follow Celebration by Frey on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest and Instagram.
Do you have a funny Halloween story? I would LOVE to hear about it in the comments below!