I have a terrible sweet tooth. There, I said it! I know I need to eat more vegetables, but sometimes it is hard to get them into my diet. I was hoping these super cute Chocolate Dipped Strawberry Carrots would count towards my daily vegetable allotment?! Ok, I know they won’t, but how stinking cute are these? We like to make them for the kids teachers as well as for the kid’s Easter baskets.
What I love even more about these Chocolate Dipped Strawberry Carrots is they are so easy to make! All you need are 3 ingredients and you are ready to go! If you want another sweet treat, you should try my M&M Red Velvet Brownie Recipe.
You will need:
- One 12 ounce bag of orange Candy Melts
- One pint of fresh strawberries
- One tsp canola oil
You will need wax or parchment paper or a silicone baking mat (which I prefer.) I use the silicone baking mats from Pickles and Tomatoes. Trust me, these make your life so much easier and they are reusable, so they are better for the planet too! Place the mat on top of a cookie or baking sheet.
- Pour your candy melts and canola oil into a glass bowl and melt in the microwave on 50% power for 30 seconds. Stir and repeat until completely melted and smooth.
- Holding you strawberry by the green part, dip into the bowl until completely covered. Shake off excess.
- Transfer to baking mat or wax paper.
- Add remaining melted candy in a piping bag or large Ziploc bag with the corner cut. Drizzle in a crisscross pattern and refrigerate until melted candy is hardened.
What is your favorite homemade Easter treat?