Peggy’s Christmas Breakfast Casserole Recipe
I grew up in a house with 6 kids, so the holidays were always a joyful and busy time of the year. Finding the time to prepare for the holidays and feed all of us never seemed to be a chore for my mom.
Family Christmas Tradition
This was a tradition in her home that she passed on to me. Almost 30 years later, I am still making Peggy’s Four Ingredient Christmas Breakfast Casserole Recipe. It is such a lovely way to pay homage each year to such a sweet woman.
In our house, Christmas day is a lazy, stress-free time for my family. The last thing I want to do on this special day is to spend a ton of time in the kitchen.
Less Kitchen Time Means More Family Time!
With Peggy’s Four Ingredient Christmas Breakfast Casserole Recipe, I am in and out of the kitchen in less than 45 minutes. This gives me more time to enjoy our Christmas movie marathon, while we stay in our pajamas all day!
OK, so this dish is super easy to make and my kids love to help me with this special recipe. Here is what you will need to make my Christmas Breakfast Casserole Recipe:
- One pound of ground sausage
- 1/2 loaf of bread (we use Honey Wheat)
- A dozen eggs, scrambled
- 2 cups of shredded cheese (we use 1 cup of sharp cheddar and 1 cup of mozzarella)
- Preheat the oven to 350.
- Cook your sausage until browned.
- While you are cooking the sausage, let one of the older kids (or your partner) cut the bread into cubes.
- While that is going on, let the younger child (or your partner) scramble the eggs in a large bowl.
- Add the other ingredients and mix well, until the eggs are coating all the ingredients.
- Pour into a 9 x 13 greased pan for 25-30 minutes.
- Let rest for 10 minutes before cutting.
Do you have a family favorite recipe that you make and serve on holiday mornings? I would love to hear what you make in the comments below!