Breakfast Burrito Recipe
Are you an organized person? I try to be. One thing I try to so is prep for meals ahead of time. I feel it is a more efficient approach cooking. If I can find recipes that are freezer friendly, like my Breakfast Burrito Recipe, it makes my life that much easier!
Freezer Friendly Loaded Baked Breakfast Taquitos
Because I am not a morning person, and neither are the kids, mornings are hectic. Because I don’t have a ton of time in the morning, a cook ahead, freezer friendly option works best for us. The kids favorite breakfast is my Freezer Friendly Loaded Baked Breakfast Burrito Recipe.
I love that I can make this Freezer Friendly Loaded Baked Breakfast Burrito Recipe over the weekend. In the morning, I can take a few out, heat them up and the kids can eat them on their way to school.
You can also make these in batches but making a double recipe. Put half of the fillings in a freezer bag for later in the month. They are super delicious, portable and the kids LOVE them!
What I love is they are healthy and keep their bellies full until lunchtime. This way, they are ready for their day and are more focused for their classes.
If you like recipes you can easily adapt, this is certainly one of them. Because I make them in an assembly line, it is super easy to customize the Freezer Friendly Loaded Baked Breakfast Burrito Recipe to meet all of our tastes.
I prefer egg white and turkey sausage, while the kids like Egg Beaters and pork sausage in theirs. I can use a spicy pepper jack cheese on my husband’s and use a milder cheese, like cheddar for mine. So, just play with the recipe and see what work’s best for you and your family! Enjoy!
And if this Freezer Friendly Loaded Baked Breakfast Burrito Recipe is not your thing, these Lemon Poppy Seed Muffins are another great make-ahead breakfast. They are so tasty and portable too!
- 12 Soft flour or corn tortillas
- Ground sausage
- 1 small container of egg whites
- Shredded cheddar cheese
- 6 slices of bacon, cooked, drained and chopped
- Hash brown potatoes
- Salsa or picante sauce for dipping
- Preheat oven to 425. Grab a jellyroll pan (or a cookie sheet, but a pan with a lip is best) and line with parchment paper and set aside.
- In a medium skillet, brown your sausage. Set aside.
- In a medium skillet, cook bacon. drain and chop
- Next, cook your egg whites until cooked firm (runny eggs will make the tortillas wet and therefore likely to tear).
- Cook your hash brown potatoes according to directions
- Heat up 6 tortillas at a time in the microwave for 20 seconds (they are easier to roll when they are warm.) Get all your supplies and make a station, like an assembly line. Place a tortilla in front of you. Put a spoonful of sausage, eggs and a sprinkle of cheese. Roll tightly and put in the jellyroll pan, seam down. Repeat until you fill up the pan, placing the rolled tortillas snugly next to one another. Bake for 25-30 minutes, or until browned. Serve with your salsa or picante sauce. Sour cream is a good choice too!
Do you have a favorite make-ahead breakfast recipe? I would love to hear about it!