This post contains affiliate links or images. When I was growing up, my parents were friends with the Dilly family. Their family room had a pretty large wet bar where Big Gene and my dad would mix up cocktails for the grown ups. One of my mom and Little Jean’s top requests from Big Gene and my dad was their Raspberry Cosmopolitan Martini Recipe.
This was mom’s “signature” drink for many years (and it was a pretty pinkish red color, which I liked.) If you do not like raspberries, you may enjoy this Pomegranate Martini Recipe.
My sister and I and the older Dilly kids would watch as Big Gene and my dad would mix up the Raspberry Cosmopolitan Martini Recipe. Big Gene had all these accessories in the wet bar he used when he was mixing drinks. He had this really long spoon he used on dad’s Long Island Iced Tea.
When he made mom and Little Jean’s favorite Raspberry Cosmopolitan Martini Recipe, he used a shaker and then he strained it into their martini glasses. When the grown ups were done mixing drinks and Big Gene had cleaned everything up, the older kids and I would pretend we were bartenders, mixing up a batch of that pretty Raspberry Cosmopolitan Martini Recipe!
I recently bought a few additions formy own wet bar nd I had to make a pitcher of the Raspberry Cosmopolitan Martini Recipe in honor of mom and Little Jean. I promise, this bar set makes creating your own cocktails a breeze.
I bought a quart sized Mason Jar Shaker, Stainless Steel Strainer, Double Jigger, 1 & 1.5 oz., Hardwood Muddler, Ice Tongs, Cocktail Stir Spoon and 2 Pour Spouts. When I am mixng up a pitcher of mom’s favorite Raspberry Cosmopolitan Martini Recipe, I feel like that kid playing in the family room of the Dilly’s home!
Raspberry Cosmopolitan Martini Recipe
- 4 fluid ounces smirnoff raspberry vodka, chilled in freezer
- 1 fluid ounce triple sec
- 1 fresh lime juice
- 3 fluid ounces cranberry juice
- 3 fluid ounces raspberry juice
- 2 cups frozen raspberries
- To make the raspberry juice:
- Combine 2 cups of frozen raspberries and 1½ cups of water and bring to a simmer, mashing the berries against the sides of the pain to release their juices. Strain into a cup or bowl scraping the seeds with a spatula along the bottom of the strainer to extract all the juice.
- To Prepare the Cocktail:
- Put all ingredients into a shaker add as much ice as you can and give a good shake.
- Pour straight up or over ice.
- Garnish with lime slices and frozen raspberries which helps keep it chilled.
You can make your own Raspberry Cosmopolitan Martini Recipe with these pieces I found on Amazon!