This is a sponsored post and I have been compensated for my participation. However, all opinions are all mine. For every stage in parenthood there are tough topics that arise. You know those topics…the ones you just aren’t sure how to address. They can be anything from sibling rivalry, bullying, peer pressure or how to be self-confident. Each of these tough topics brings on new challenges when getting the conversation started when talking tough topics with your kids. How do you have the conversation in a way that leaves your child feeling secure and ready to move forward in a positive direction? I have faced these tricky topics with my own kids, so I wanted to showcase a few ways to tackle these touch topics with your own kids. My goal is to help you be that parent who opens up those tough conversations and help’s their child be ready to handle anything tossed at them in life.
Little Kids – How to Talk About Sibling Rivalry
- Don’t Make Comparisons – refrain from comparing a younger sibling to an older sibling at this age; keep the conversation based on the particular kid and their individual traits.
- Teach Kids to Settle Differences – sit your kids down and teach them how to communicate effectively to resolve their rivalry issues in the moment.
- Watch a Movie – there are many movies suited for little kids to watch that teach these tough topics with a bit of humor, angst and heart.
Older Kids – How to Talk About Peer Pressure
- Discuss Values – from a young age your kids have developed their own unique values, discuss these with your kids to remind them of who they and to remain true to their beliefs.
- Listen to Your Kids – make time to truly listen to your older kids, learn about their peers through what they say and utilize this to teach examples of true friendship.
- Watch a Movie – there are many movies suited for older kids to watch that will teach them valuable lessons as a means to open discussion on tough kids topics.
Netflix Tough Kids Topics Playlist For Younger Kids
Netflix Tough Kids Topics Playlist For Older Kids
- The Adventures of Puss in Boots
- Fuller House
- Girl Meets World
Do you see anything on my kids Netflix Tough Kids Topics list your kids would watch? Today, why not sit down with your kids and create your own Netflix Tough Kids Topics Playlist. When you do, you may actually see a miracle occur … your children may actually start to be more self-confident and get along with their siblings. I know, right?!
You can stream Netflix from your mobile device, computer, TV or gaming system for less than $15 a month! You can also sign up for their DVD plan if you prefer watching it that way. Either way, you are getting what you want to watch, right at your fingertips! Be sure to follow Netflix on Facebook and Twitter.
What was the toughest topic you have had to talk with your kids about?