This is a sponsored post. All opinions are mine. I love to have fun with my family. We laugh. A lot. Like belly aching, tears streaming down your cheeks laughter. We love to have fun but are on a budget. Does that ring true for your family? Over the years, we have found we don’t have to spend a lot of money to enjoy ourselves. Here are my top favorite tips on how to have more fun with your family for free:
Free Ways To Have Fun With Your Family
- Homemade Mad Libs: Who needs to buy a Mad Libs book when you can make your own? We love to do this, especially when my oldest daughter is home. We take turns writing a story with blanks for the key words. To make it more fun, we read them aloud in a silly voice. This past week, we read them in a Bugsy Malone gangster voice. Ya see?!
- Freeze Tag In The Rain: When was the last time you played freeze tag? Remember how much fun it was as a kid? Try playing it with your own kids. Make it more fun by doing it in the rain. If you freeze in a mud puddle, you get 10 extra points!
- Movie Night With A Twist: We have movie night at least once a week. For the past few months, we have been on a John Hughes kick. You know, like Sixteen Candles, The Breakfast Club and Pretty in Pink? Make it more fun by building a blanket fort and watching the movie from your homemade “theater!”
- Texting Tag: I communicate with the kids in a variety of ways. With my older daughter who lives out of state, we text a lot. My husband and I talk on the phone more than we text. Caitlin and I do a mixture of both. So, you know how you and another person try talking on the phone but you can never seem to connect? We call that telephone tag, right? Well, in our house, we purposely tag each other in a text. We text something funny or send a sticker to someone in the family and say “Tag!” Then, that person must do the same back to you or another person in the family. Our favorite stickers are from the free Moosejaw Sticker app.
- Musical Cooking: Have you seen the movie The Big Chill? There is a scene where they are making dinner while Ain’t Too Proud To Beg is playing. They are dancing and laughing and having so much fun. Well, that, but with kids and updated music is how Caitlin and I spend a lot of our time in the kitchen. We were making cupcakes for her Robotics team. We were rocking out to Imagine Dragons and Billy Joel! We did a little baking and a lot of dancing. So fun!
And that is all good, but let’s talk about that FREE Moosejaw Sticker app! The kids and I recently discovered this little jewel and have been having so much fun with it! The app is free to download for your iPhone. Currently the sticker app is for iPhone users only. But, if you are an Android user, the folks at Moosejaw will mail you some stickers. That way, nobody gets left out! Once you have downloaded the app, you access it in iMessage. To get to the Moosejaw Stickers, just sweep past gifs, itunes, etc.
Caitlin and I had no problem finding our way to all the glorious (Caitlin’s words) Moosejaw Stickers!I have to say, texting tag has never been so much fun! Caitlin and I were in separate rooms and you could hear us laughing throughout the entire house! Henry heard us and wanted to get in on the fun. I will tell you, the most difficult part of using the free Moosejaw Sticker app is deciding which to send next!
Caitlin has shared this with her friends at school and I am sure these stickers will spread like wildfire! If you want to add some fun to your conversations with family, friends or co-workers, you must download this free Moosejaw Sticker app! The stickers are always centered around whatever holiday is coming up. I love that! Always something new and fun to make someone smile!
Because we all have a sarcastic sense of humor, the Moosejaw stickers are on the snarky side. Just like us! Be sure to stay connected with Moosejaw and their Moosejaw madness by following them on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest and Instagram.
So, download the Free Moosejaw Sticker app on your iPhone so you can tell me which sticker is your favorite! Please share in the comments below!