Working to plan a family reunion can be a tedious task, because family includes a large number of people with an even larger range of interests. A family reunion can sometimes be overwhelming to plan but it doesn’t have to be. I want you to have a blast planning your family gathering and so today I am sharing 5 ways you can make a family reunion rock so that everyone leaves with fabulous memories of this event. From food to entertainment I have narrowed down the list to just the top 5 ways to rock that family reunion this Summer:
- Build your own Burger & Dessert Bar: This solves the food issue, with a burger bar you can setup unlimited options so that all guests are able to find food they will eat. If you have someone who doesn’t eat meat, include a veggie or tofu burger option in the mix. Then, when everyone is ready to satisfy that sweet tooth, they can head over to the Sundae Bar!! How fun is that?
- Family Memories Display: Work with family members to gather their favorite memorable photos, carefully set them up on display in an electronic frame. This will surely keep the conversation focused on happy memories.
- Family Skits: Recall that cousin who was always making jokes to be the center of attention? How about that aunt who demonstrated what drama really was? Setup skits for family members to join in small groups to act out for entertainment.
- Guess Who: Play a new version of guess who, request each family member to bring a baby photo of themselves, have fun guessing which baby photo is now the adult family member. This can create loads of laughter for everyone.
- Active Board Games: Pull out the classic Twister game and work as teams to compete against other family members. Getting active together playing Twister will alleviate the focus off who are you today and allow for connection to family in a fun way.
Twister was released for patent in 1966 (Happy 50th!!!) and became wildly popular when actress Eva Gabor played the new game on The Tonight Show with Johnny Carson. This is the first game that enticed people to use their bodies as game pieces. All you need to do is give the spinner a whirl and see what crazy position you will end up in! Maybe you will get a what’s next as you try to keep your hands and feet on the mat! Right foot red! Can you do it? Left foot green, “left foot blue” or a “right hand red”… you got it!
If your knee or elbow touches the mat, you’re a goner! Twister challenges you to put your hands and feet at different places on the mat without falling over! Who has the best balance? You must play Twister to see! Twister is available at most major toy retailers and HasbroToyShop.com. Be sure to like Hasbro on Facebook and follow them on Twitter. One USA reader will win a $25 Amazon gift card to buy their own Twister game!!
What is your favorite family reunion activity?