This is a sponsored post. All opinions are 100%. There is nothing more precious than a new baby. And, there is nothing more heartbreaking than a baby in pain. If your little one is cutting teeth, try one of these five natural ways to soothe a teething baby.
It always breaks my heart when a baby cries from their teething pains. I can only imagine how rough it may be to have new teeth breaking into fresh gums. Mothers will always want their baby to feel as comfortable as possible. Teething is a normal part of a baby’s development, but it’s definitely not a great time for them. There are various things you could do to make the transition easier. As a mother of three, I picked up a few tricks to help make my children’s teething process more bearable. If your baby’s chompers are giving him/her a hard time, check out my tips below!
Five Ways To Soothe A Teething Baby
- A Cool, Damp Cloth: Babies who are teething will feel relief after chewing on something cold. Make your refrigerator your best friend and use it to cool down a damp sterile cloth. Make sure that you only keep it damp and not dripping wet.
- A Cool Snack: Much like the above-mentioned damp cloth, babies will want to munch on anything cool. Feeding your baby a cold snack like refrigerated carrots or apple sauce will serve as a dual purpose. Not only will it help relieve toothaches, but it will also fill up their bellies. We all know: a full tummy results in a happy baby!
- Gum Massage: This worked really well with my son. You just need to make sure you have a clean finger to avoid spreading bacteria. Gently press down on your babies sore gums. The pressure will lessen the soreness and make baby more comfortable.
- Homeopathic Baby Pain Reliever: This was a godsend for my babies. Be sure to check with your pediatrician before using, especially for babies under three months. Even though this is a natural pain relief, you still want to check with your doctor. For my daughter, this was the only way I could get her to feel well enough to sleep when she was teething.
- Necklace For You, Chew Toy For Baby: Imagine an item that both mama and baby can take advantage of? Wouldn’t it be ideal to have a teething product that can be easily worn for convenience and style? Chewbeads are teething jewelry that moms can wear and babies can chew on.
A versatile and fashionable accessory, Chewbeads can help elevate any outfit. Aside from creating a fashion statement, Chewbeads carry a dual purpose. They’re made with soft silicone and are ideal for any teething babies. Chewbeads do not contain lead, BPA, phthalates, cadmium, or other metals. You can rest assured that your baby will be chewing on a completely safe (and beautiful!) product.
Chewbeads carry a full line of baby-friendly products like their necklaces that start at $19.50 USD. I am also totally digging their collection of bracelets. Their line of “arm candy” starts at $14.50 USD. If you want to go the more traditional route, Chewbeads also has classic teething accessories like rattles and chew toys. Learn more about Chewbeads by following them on social media through Facebook and Twitter.