This is a sponsored post. All opinions are mine. My son Henry was a fussy baby. Abnormally fussy. We later learned it was a symptom of his autism. At the time, we were clueless why. The only thing that helped was to walk with him. And I walked miles with the precious boy! My mother-in-law came for a visit when Henry was a few months old. She said Henry may never learn to walk if I didn’t put him down!
Baby carriers were not commonplace when the girls were born. I was ignorant to them until a friend at church brought her baby in one. We got one for Henry and it made an enormous difference. They have come a long way since 2001! We have a friend having a baby in a few months. I wanted to get her a nice carrier, but had no idea which to pick. Here is some great information I found for choosing the best carrier for your baby:
- Can You Breastfeed: Some carriers do not allow the mom to comfortably breastfeed their baby while in the carrier. If this is a deal breaker for you, make this a priority.
- Baby Weight: Some carriers can only hold a baby to a certain weight. Many carriers can accommodate a child up to 36 months. Also look for a carrier that offers the most even weight distribution. This is so baby and mommy are comfortable
- Multiple Positions: I would have loved to have a baby carrier that offered more then one position. This is something both mom and baby can benefit from. It also offers a way to keep the stress off mom’s back.
- Adjustable Straps: A carrier with adjustable straps can offer more than the traditional backpack style.
- Climate Friendly: I get hot, even in the winter. A carrier that can keep you and the baby comfortable in any temperature is ideal.
- Easy To Store: Not all baby carriers can fit into your diaper bag. This is something I would look for if I were you!
- Adjustable To Size: Not all carriers will adjust to different body sizes. Are you and your husband or care giver going to share the baby carrier?
You will need a carrier that can accommodate a variety of sizes.
When it came to choosing the best carrier for your baby, we wanted the Rolls Royce of all carriers! We wanted a baby carrier that had everything on my list and more! For us, that was the Huggs carrier from Abiie. The company, who’s focus is to make the life of parents easier, is based out of Austin, Texas. They have a team of engineers who have designed a line of easy-to-use, safe, and comfortable parenting products. The Huggs Contour carrier, which sells for $129 at Abiie and Amazon, is just one of them.
Wyatt’s mom Ashley loves the versatility of the Huggs Contour. The innovative carrier booster offers your baby all-day comfort. It also has an ergonomic design that ensures a healthy sitting position for your growing baby. The padded shoulder straps evenly distribute a baby’s weight. The wide waistband gives mom added comfort. The dual-layer center panel makes the Huggs perfect for any temperature. It folds up when baby needs warmth and folds down to let in fresh air.
The Huggs Contour carrier also offers a sleeping hood which also keeps the baby protected from the sun and wind. The Huggs Contour is lightweight and rugged. It is super comfortable for your baby as well as you! If you want to keep your baby close, protected from the elements and comfortable, anytime and anywhere, the Huggs carrier is for you! Be sure to follow Abiie on Facebook and Twitter.
Did you use a carrier with your kids? What feature was/would be most important to you? Please share in the comments below!