Beauty regimes vary from person to person. Some regimes are simple; so simple in fact, that many claim they don’t have regimes at all. They’re the types who can splash water on their faces, give themselves a quick pat with a towel and call it a day. Then, you have those who line up their products (all of which are well-researched after having their skin-types fully analyzed, no less), to follow a specific and rigorous routine for day and night treatments. One thing’s certain: wherever we may fall on the “beauty upkeep scale,” we must be extremely wary of the products we apply on our bodies’ exteriors. Doctors, family members, and the media constantly encourage us to maintain healthy lifestyles, mainly through diet and exercise. But don’t forget: what we apply on our skin is as equally important when it comes to the subject of our overall health.
- Think of the Environment: The hard-to-pronounce ingredients that you find in many beauty products are highly intoxicating both to ourselves and to our planet. Every day, chemicals get dumped in landfills and go into our air during processes of mass production. Not to mention: it also goes down our drains (bathtub, sink, etc.) once we use them. You can reduce your carbon footprint by supporting all-natural brands that eliminate the use of harmful toxins and chemicals.
- Allergies Be Gone!: Many of the ingredients that make up the products from big-box retailers are often the reasons behind skin irritation and sensitivity. Going all-natural eliminates this threat because of its hypo-allergenic characteristics from its holistic components.
- Natural Scents: Rather than having to smell heavily perfumed (and high in alcohol) products, you can enjoy the pure scents brought to you by Mother Nature, which is what you’ll always find when you go all-natural.
- Less is More: Because all-natural products are usually more potent, a minimal amount is required for full coverage and effectiveness.
- Skin: Our Body’s Largest Organ: Our skin is very susceptible to what we put on it; harmful ingredients are not only dangerous on our skin’s surface, but can also make their way into our bloodstream causing more damage in the long-run.
When it comes to buying beauty products, I am very choosy. I don’t want to put anything harmful inside or outside of my body. For me, I have been really enjoying the latest in organic skin care; Kiwi Glow. This artisanal body oil moisturizer uses the simplest processes and ingredients to offer a natural and ultra-healthy product. With sesame as its key ingredient, Kiwi Glow boasts a “pure, organic, and cold-pressed” line that is compatible with all skin-types. I am absolutely in love with the feel and the scent of these products! At $30 a bottle, your skin will feel radiant, hydrated, and most importantly, you’ll know that you’re using an all-natural product and enjoy the health benefits that go along with it. The creator of Kiwi Glow, a US brand of all-natural skin-care moisturizers, states that our bodies “[…] consume about 4 pounds of damaging toxins every year.” With this horrifying fact,it is no surprise why I have decided to stick to natural beauty and skin-care items. Be sure to stay social and like them on Facebook. One USA reader will win 3 Kiwi Glow products ARV $90.
Do you use natural products in your home? In your beauty routine? Tell me about it!