This is a sponsored post. I have received compensation, either monetarily or in product. With that said, the opinions herein are 100% my own. When I got married, my husband and I got a lot of gifts. We got like 700 blenders, 567 toasters, ice cream glasses, and a few weird art things that my grandmother would have loved. After seeing what people thought was a great gift, we saw were going to be great for re-gifting! Now that my daughter is getting married and moving into her own house I wanted to find her some housewarming gifts she could actually use. Here are my top 5 favorites:
5 Kick Ass Housewarming Gifts
- Toolbox Gift Basket: I have given a few people small tool boxes, but they didn’t always have all the things I could actually use. I decided it was better to put together a basket with the most useful items I could find. I will include a small hammer, multi head screw driver, a few electrical cords, some electrical tape, picture hangers, a level and a tape measure.
- Cookbooks: Notice I said plural, as in more than one cookbook. I usually get a basic comfort food cookbook, a dessert cookbook and some kind of party planning type book. You remember all those fun parties you threw when you first got your own place? A book to tell you how to do that is very helpful!
- Meal Delivery Service: The last thing I wanted to do the first few nights in my new place was to cook. Not only did I have no idea where I packed the pots and pans, but I was exhausted. Arranging to have a few meals delivered will be a welcome gift that they will really remember and appreciate.
- A Tree: Seriously, I think this is a very cool gift! If I have my own house, I think planting a new tree we can watch grow as the years go by is awesome!
- A NICE Bedside Alarm: I have had the same crappy alarm clock for about 100 years. I would have liked for someone to give me a nice bedside alarm clock. What I would have LOVED was the GLOW from Ivation, which is a built-in color-adjustable LED lamp, a dual alarm clock, full range stereo speakers and Bluetooth. Could you just die?!
Let me tell you , I struggled with keeping this beauty for myself and giving it to Chelsea. I am so in love with the GLOW, which you can grab from Amazon for $299.99, but it is currently selling for HALF that! The GLOW is like the Cadillac of all things you need on your bedside table! Not only can you have a fantastically cool light show going on, it looks great with it’s modern design and you can charge your mobile device too!
- The GLOW can do all of these cook tricks!
- Dual Light & Sound Alarms: Wake Up to Soothing Light That Eases You into Natural Daylight Accompanied by Sound/Audio of your Choice
- Color-Adjustable LED Lamp: Adjust Color & Brightness of Light at Your Bedside, from White to Yellow to Blue & Everything in Between
- Built-In Dynamic Full Range Stereo Speakers: Listen to FM Radio or to Your Favorite Tunes Over Bluetooth or by connecting to Aux Line-In
- USB Charger Port: Charge Your Devices Directly from Ivation GLOW – Ideal for Music Player Connected Over Bluetooth or AUX
- Capacitive Touch Controls: Easily & Effortlessly Take Advantage of All Features of Ivation GLOW – Concave Buttons Light Up
The folks at Ivation are all about innovation. They offer products for the home, inside and out. You can follow them on Facebook, and if you don’t you are silly!
What is your go to housewarming gift you like to give?