This is a sponsored post. All opinions are 100% mine. I love to have guests over during the holidays. Our friends and family are what make the holidays special. I want them to feel welcome when they visit. That is why I strive to prepare a guest friendly home for the holidays!
Playing hostess is one tough task, but I would never trade it for anything. Especially during the holiday season, I love having guests over. Our house gets filled with so much love: there’s always a cheery and joyful atmosphere in every room. It’s great to spend time with friends and family that we don’t see on a regular basis.Over the years, I’ve learned a thing or two about prepping our house to be holiday-guest ready. Here are some tips that will help turn your home into the most welcoming abode:
Making My Home Holiday-Ready
- Make Dining Comfortable: When it comes to meals, make sure everything your guests need are available. Do they have easy access to plates, glasses and cutlery? I find it helpful to have condiments on the table before the feasting begins.
- Toiletries And Towels: This is especially important when you are having overnight guests. Be sure that you accommodate to their hygienic needs. Don’t put them in a situation where they have to go through your linens to find a face towel. I prepare a basket on their bed with soap, a toothbrush and toothpaste and mouthwash. I want to make them feel as comfortable as possible. I will also leave a plate of cookies for them to enjoy on their first night with us!
- Create The Perfect Ambiance With Music: The best part about the holidays is the cheery music! No party is complete without some music playing in the background. Just make sure you don’t crank it up so loud that you cannot hold a conversation!
- A Touch Of Holiday Decor:You don’t need to make your home look like Santa’s workshop to get your guests into the season’s spirit. I like adding subtle, yet elegant details. A family heirloom Santa on my mantle and handmade napkin rings on the dining table are perfect!
- Clean Indoor Air: When I have guest coming, I go full force, crazy cleaning the house. My kids tease me. They will ask if the President is coming! The one thing I cannot clean on my own is the indoor air. What I want for my guests is indoor air that is as clean as it is welcoming to their noses! In my home, I use my Febreze Tabletop HEPA-Type Air Purifier.
When it comes to properly purifying my home of any foul smells, I turn to Febreze products. I use the Air Effects, especially in my son’s room and the bathroom. I keep a NOTICEables plugged in where the litter box is located. No need in announcing to my guest we have guests by the smell in the air! In the car, we have a Car Vent to keep the air in such a small space smelling fresh. I also keep a bottle of Fabric Refresher in each room to keep things smelling great where I cannot exactly wash things.
The one place I cannot get clean is the air inside the house. While my Febreze products keep the air smelling fresh, they don’t purify the air. That is where my Febreze Tabletop HEPA-Type Air Purifier comes in to play. Not only does it eliminate odors, but it’s specially designed to powerfully clean the air. It is specially designed to powerfully clean the air, eliminate odors and add freshening with Febreze scent. With my HEPA-Type Air Purifier, I can welcome my guests into a home with completely fresh AND clean air!
The air purifiers from Febreze are able to capture 99% of airborne pollutants and allergens! It’s perfect for smaller rooms in the 85 square feet range. We have a small home, so this table top model is perfect for our family room. It has three air cleaning levels and also has an electric indicator that’ll let you know when to replace the filter and scent cartridges. At just $69.99, it is affordable for almost any budget. You can also purchase the Febreze Mini Tower HEPA-Type Air Purifier, which retails for $74.99. One USA reader will win one Febreze Tabletop HEPA-Type Air Purifier, ARV $69.99.