This is a sponsored post and may contain affiliate links. All opinions are 100% mine. Let’s face it: our planet is going through some major environmental changes. This has left me concerned. We are facing issues like pollution, overpopulation, climate change, deforestation and waste disposal. I encourage my family to think as “green” as possible. For every socially responsible decision we make, lessens our carbon footprint.
Making Eco-Friendly Swaps
A few years ago, the kids had a project at school, challenging families to recycle for two weeks. We met the challenge and decided to expand on the idea. Now we live as eco-friendly as possible. Here are some changes we made to keep a “green” lifestyle:
- Water Conservation: Our family likes staying eco-friendly in as many rooms as possible: even in the bathroom! In fact, we use a low-flow shower head that’s effective, modern-looking, and helps us save 30% more energy and water.
- Energy Efficient Appliances: It’s crazy to think how much energy traditional appliances can use. I turned to Energy Star appliances (I have an LG washer and dryer) because of its superior energy efficiency. These appliances will clean my family’s clothes in less time, helping save money on water and energy bills and also, the environment – double win!
- Going Green At Lunch: My kids love the reusable sandwich bags I use for their lunches. They are sustainable and extremely cute! It’s just a simple (and fun!) way to reduce our household waste and also, helps us save cash by not having to spend on plastic ones every week.
- Savings In The Laundry Room: Most recently, I have decided to ditch dryer sheets and go for dryer balls instead. Dryer balls are incredibly efficient and keep our clothes nice and fluffy when being tossed around in the dryer. I love the fact that I no longer have to throw away dryer sheets every time I do a load – my dryer balls have lasted months!
- Water Conversation Part II: We always try to keep water on-hand wherever we go. A few years ago, we found ourselves drinking from plastic water bottles and it was such a waste: in both money and for the trash. We decided to turn to reusable water bottles and they couldn’t be any better for our lifestyles. We love that we’re reducing our waste/garbage, they keep our water cool and insulated and not to mention, they come in the coolest patterns and colors. Now we’ll always know which bottle is ours, leaving less mix-up and less questions of: “Wait, was this yours or mine?”
- Reusable Goods: Staying eco-friendly doesn’t stop at the door of our home. When we’re out and about, we still keep the planet in mind. When we are shopping, we don’t want to use the plastic bags from the grocery store and add to the already overgrown waste disposal areas. Instead, we have decided to start using the reusable bags from BAGGU.
Baggu To Save The Day (and the planet!)
BAGGU is an environmentally-conscious bag company that started in 2007 by Parsons fashion graduate, Emily Sugihara. Want to know Baggu’s mission statement? “To make simple, high quality bags in many bright colors that feel good to use.” This is why I’ve recently turned to them for all of my bagging needs. Particularly, I have turned to their reusable bags for their support, durability and fashionably adorable prints! With so many to choose from, I have had to hold myself back from purchasing the entire collection.
The BAGGU most popular reusable shopping bags can hold what 2-3 traditional grocery bags would normally hold. The 100% ripstop nylon, which is machine washable, can hold up to 50 pounds! can and are perfect for shopping trips to the mall, the grocery store, or even to take to the park, the beach and to travel with. With prices starting at just $7, you’re going to want every size in every color – they are hard to resist!
When I was at the grocery store a few days ago, I was checking out and pulled out my Sailor Striped BAGGU (ARV$9). The cashier commented on how cute the print was and how she loved that “My bag, came with its own bag lol!” In addition to the reusable bags, Baggu also offers a variety of eco-friendly bags.
Their nylon pouches are perfect for the kids lunches and the larger bags make a great cosmetic bag. They also offer backpacks, totes, purses and more! Are you ready to get eco-friendly and do some serious shopping at BAGGU? Be sure to stay social with BAGGU and like them on Facebook and follow them on Twitter.