This is a sponsored post and I have been compensated. However, all opinions are mine. From the moment my husband and I found out were were expecting our first baby, we made the decision that I would stay home to raise her. Talk about a huge adjustment! We went from spending money like crazy to saving every extra penny we had. Although it was not easy, we were able to find several incredibly easy ways to save money. Here are my favorites:
6 Tips For Saving Money
- Not Using It? Sell It!: I tend to be a collector and my stuff can pile up pretty quickly. I learned about eBay when Caitlin was a newborn and have been selling our excess goods ever since.
- Save Going Out For Special Occasions: We used to go out 3-4 nights a week before the kids were born. We were blowing through several hundred dollars a month. We found out pretty early that having friends over for a potluck and to play cards was more fun than going out. Now we save going out for special occasions, making them…well, more special!
- Drink Filtered Water: My husband and I used to drink a ton of bottled soda and water. Not only was the soda bad for us, it was expensive. We found we could save a ton of money buy drinking filtered water instead of buying it in the bottle.
- Menu Planning: I love to cook for my family! My mom taught me when I was moving out on my own how much money you can save by menu planning and cooking instead of buying take-out. Now that we are living a healthier lifestyle, this also helps me stay in control of the calories and fat we take in at each meal.
- Use The Library: Did you know in addition to books, you can get music, DVD’s and magazines from the local library? There is just something about going to the library, you know? It is so relaxing and that smell! I love the smell of books. It smells like…knowledge!
- Use Coupons: Whenever we can, we use coupons at the grocery store. This helps us save on food and personal items. But what about saving money when we DO want to go out to the movies, to a restaurant or try a new fitness group nearby? Groupon Coupons are my go-to way to save money for my family!
Groupon Makes Saving Money Made Easy & Fun
Have you ever used Groupon? Oh my heck! We use it All.The.Time! I love it because it is a means to keep me on track with our budget. I have saved so much using Groupon Coupons! Recently, a family friend had a baby and I wanted to send her flowers. Luckily, I was able to snag a Groupon from ProFlowers and she got a gorgeous bouquet! We have also saved money on things like movie tickets, apparel, spas, hair cuts, getaways, attractions for the family and more! You can save money from well known stores like Kohls, Walgreens and Bed Bath & Beyond. Be sure to visit the Groupon Coupons home page and see all the companies, stores and services you can save your family money on. Never used Groupon before? Join now and save $10!! Stay social with Groupon and like them on Facebook and follow them on Twitter.
What is your favorite Groupon you have used to save your family money?