Earth Day (April 22nd) is quickly approaching and for many of us, it’s nice to know that somehow, we’re contributing to the world’s overall well-being in our everyday routines. It’s easy to take the small conscience steps in helping the environment: recycling, composting, buying eco-friendly products, etc. but did you know that you can go as far as purchasing home appliances that are water and energy-efficient, thus, diminishing your carbon footprint while completing household chores?
Best Buy has the latest and greatest in exactly these type of appliances and more specifically, those that are Energy Certified such as the LG Twin Washer and Sidekick. Take a look at Best Buy’s offering of this incredible product here.
To start off, let’s go over Best Buy’s ENERGY STAR Certified Washers:
- Energy-efficient and cost-effective – Known to save you $40 on annual utility bills (compared to standard models). Moreover, they only use 280 KWh of electricity, so you know you’re doing more for the environment. Remember: many little steps can go a long way.
- Use less water – ENERGY STAR Certified Washers use 10 gallons of water less (per load) than the standard washer, which usually uses 23 gallons.
Of course, ENERGY STAR appliances don’t stop at washers. Lucky for us, Best Buy offers a full line of specialized dryers as well. Some key features include:
- The use of 20% less energy compared to standard machines.
- ENERGY STAR dryers have the “Sensor Drying” option, which is an energy-efficient alternative to timed drying. Sensor Drying can actually detect once your clothes are dry and will automatically shut off when they are.
As previously mentioned, LG’s Twin Wash and Sidekick is one of Best Buy’s most exciting product offerings. You’ll be blown away with its innovative features and durable build. You’ll be amazed with all of its functions – let’s take a look at some here:
- The LG Twin Wash is highly efficient, with features like an elevated and angled door to simplify loading and unloading. Also, the LED control panel is conveniently located on the door – laundry has never been so easy!
- Let’s talk energy: the TurboWash 2.0 feature on LG Twin Wash saves up to 30 minutes on washing time for large loads.
- Cleaning power is nothing like you’ve seen before. Enjoy Twin Wash’s TurboTeam technology as it deeply penetrates fabrics and lifts out tough stains.
- The Twin Wash has a full-width lid that prevents spills. It also features an easy-to-fill detergent tray.
- Do two loads at once with the help of the Sidekick. Dividing laundry is no longer time-consuming (ie.: wash your one load in the Twin Wash and another in your Sidekick).
- The Sidekick is incredibly versatile: while it works wonders with the Twin Wash, the Sidekick can pair up with nearly any LG front-load unit.
- Use the Sidekick for smaller loads instead of using your main unit: it’ll help tremendously in saving water.
- As simple of a feature this may seem, the addition of the Sidekick can raise your front-loading washer, putting it at a comfortable height. It’s the little things that count!
- LG’s Sidekick is ideal for your dedicates and hand washables – your most-prized clothing items are in good hands (or, more accurately: good appliances). Also, it comes with a magnetic remote control for convenience in controlling your cycle.
If you find the ENERGY STAR appliances and LG Twin Washer and Sidekick to be completely irresistible, then you’re not alone. I mean, who can say no to such highly efficient, cost-saving, environmentally-conscience machines? What’s even better is that Best Buy is offering 18 months financing on major appliances this month. Or, you have the option to receive 10% in rewards (a 5% increase for April!) and 10% back in grocery purchases instead. Also, enjoy Best Buy’s free delivery on purchases $399 and up.
Tell me: how would you use your LG Twin Wash and Sidekick? What features are you most excited about?