I have recently become obsessed with home decorating. I have been scouring the web for photos of beautifully decorated homes, making a room renovation an irresistible urge. I am always looking for ideas to update the look of a room in the house. My husband laughs because I can’t help but change my home’s theme at every holiday, season or when I have company coming over. Well, there’s good news: I’m a firm believer that any room could be spruced up no matter what your budget may be. There are many low-cost tricks that can elevate your space and make it look completely re-done. Here are some of the ways:
Change The Look Of A Room Without Breaking The Bank
- Make A Statement Wall: Creating statement walls is a budget-friendly alternative to changing a room’s color in its entirety. It doesn’t require as much paint or wallpaper as it would to cover all four walls and you can go as bold with the color/patterns without overwhelming the room. We love the idea of taking gold paint and using a stencil to create a pattern against a single, white wall. It will add depth despite its simplicity.
- Throw On The Throw Pillows: If you’re looking to re-design your living room, throw pillows are incredibly fun to work with every season. By simply changing the covers to your throw pillows, you can adhere to a new theme every season without breaking the bank.
- Florals and Greenery: Plants and flowers can really take a room to the next level and is great for the air in your home. There are so many different types: some the last all-year round, others that thrive off of certain temperatures, etc. but many of them could be found at your local hardware store or greenhouse and are very cost-effective. Plus, you can play around with pots and vases to create a new look as often as you’d like!
- Gallery Walls: Gallery walls have been all the rage within the last couple of years and for good reason: it gives you a chance to showcase some of your favorite pieces of art and photographs! You don’t need to spend a heavy buck on different frames: there are many low-cost ones that can be elevated with some DIY tricks (like spray-painting it gold) and making it look like a million dollars! Plus, you can rearrange frames and even change pictures if you want to give your room a quick makeover.
- Add A Rug: Adding a rug to your floorspace adds just the right amount of texture and color to make your room seem like it’s been through a makeover. In a bedroom setting, for example, adding a rectangular rug underneath a bed (generally, only 1/3 of the rug should be underneath the bed, while the rest should remain completely visible) gives the space so much more depth and character.
Area Rugs Are An Easy & Affordable Way To Change Up A Room
I wanted to brighten up my living room and have been eyeing the many beautiful rugs from Mohawk Home. They have every kind of rug imaginable (And some you didn’t realize even existed!) like area, accent, bathroom, kitchen, and outdoor rugs.
Proudly made in the USA (Since 1878, actually!), Mohawk Home’s products are sturdy and are produced with the utmost care and quality. Their website is brilliantly designed, with interactive sections to help you make the best decision for your purchase: helping you decide on what style and measurements would fit best for your room.
Mohawk Rugs Gives A Room A Whole New Look!
I recently acquired the Aurora Blue Area Rug in the 8×10 size (retailing from $102-$195 USD from Wayfair) and the possibilities are endless. I adore the colors that have been used in the patterns and can easily fit it into my living room, master bedroom, and can even match my kitchen’s décor! I’ve been thinking of placing it under a side table in my living room, to add some color to a space that can otherwise be lost (the side table is placed beside my main couch) and I’m thinking of sprucing up the table with some larger books that adhere to the carpet’s color theme. Also, for more rug-and-décor inspiration, you can follow Mohawk Home on social media on Twitter, Facebook, and Pinterest. One USA reader will win one Mohawk Rug up to size 5×8 and under $150.
What are some ways that you re-decorate your room without breaking the bank? Comment below and let us know!