Keeping my home eco-friendly is not as much of a horrendous task as it once used to be. Now, more than ever, eco-friendly products are finding their way on supermarket shelves, making them more accessible for direct consumer purchase. I try to maintain my household with as many of these environmentally-friendly products as possible in hopes to diminish my carbon footprint. Moreover, there are many eco-friendly habits that you could incorporate in your day-to-day so that you could make your part in maintaining the planet’s well-being. The following may seem like small tasks, but they can go a long way:
Ideas To Go Green At Home
- Use a Carpet: Studies show that choosing to put a rug in different rooms can help use much less of your heat which is not only cost-effective but reduces your use of power and energy. So not only will you have a cozy feeling for your feet but your new practice will be better for the environment.
- Compost: Sorting out between your trash and compost is not as daunting of a task as you may think. This simple change of habit can help diminish your contribution to landfills that grow by the minute, every single day.
- Your Green Thumb: So you want to pick up a hobby? By growing a garden in your backyard or even potting a few plants on your balcony, you’re one step closer to being environmentally friendly.
- Reduce, Reuse, Recycle: Recycling doesn’t only mean putting plastic bottles in the right section of your big, blue bin – pick up the habit of using something old for something new. You’ll start looking at items in a completely different light (p.s. glass jars are really great for organizing and storing small things – we use ours to sort out our different types of sugars!).
- Use Eco-friendly Products: I’m all about a really clean home, but cleaning doesn’t have to involve unsafe chemicals and harmful toxins. That is why I have turned to the products from Better Life.
I am absolutely in love with the cleaning products from Better Life. Their Better Life is plant derived and environmentally friendly. The company got its start back in 2008, when two friends, Tim and Kevin had their toddlers together for a play date. As they crawled around the floor, Tim asked Kevin, a chemist, if he could create a line of cleaning products that would be as effective as they were planet friendly. And Better Life was born! When it comes to keeping your home clean without harming the planet, Better Life has got every room covered – in a safe, eco-friendly type-of-way (and I mean, would you want it any other way? I was sent the:
- Naturally Filth-Fighting All-Purpose Cleaner: This cleaner will fight stains in any room of the house. It can tackle anything from baked on grease on the stove to that sticky PB&J on the carpet! At just $6.99 for 32 ozs., you should stock up on this one!
- Floor Cleaner: My floors get a lot of traffic as they are the main entry ways into the house. This floor cleaner has grapefruit, peppermint, and bergamot, which smell just delightful. It not only cleans those stains, but it also gives my floor a great shine! This too sells for just $6.99 for 32 ozs.
- Kitchen and Bath Scrubber: I LOVE this one! It really makes my kitchen and bath sparkle and shine! It cleans, polishes, and protects hard surfaces, while eliminating those tough water spots, soap scum, gunk, grease, oil, and grime. You can grab this one for $6.99 for 16 ozs.
- Dish Soap: If you have been searching for a dish soap that really cuts through the grease without harming your hands, this is the one! You don’t get any of those yuckky sulfates. What you do get is Vitamin E and aloe to keep those hands nice and soft while your dishes get nice and clean!
Free Spring Cleaning Checklist Printable
When I am ready to spring clean my house, I have a system I use. I have a caddy I keep my trusty Better Life products in, my scrub brush and cloths and my Spring Cleaning Checklist Printable, created by Jessica from Savings Aplenty. Be sure to save them in a page protector in order to be eco-friendly. This way you can use them over and over when you check each task off with a Dry Erase market! You can download your own copy here ———> Click here to download!
Be sure to enter the #BetterLifeLovesTarget Sweepstakes, which goes through May 13th. All you need to do is go to the company landing page and find your local participating Target. Next, print your $1 off coupon and head over to Target and take a photo of the Better Life products. You can earn submission entries by tweeting the photo, posting it to the Better Life Facebook page, or posting to Instagram, using the hashtag #BetterLifeLovesTarget. You can win a $500 Target Gift Card, a Better Life’s No Dirt Left Behind Kit (featuring our entire product line) or a Basket of their favorite natural product brands. Winner will be drawn and announced at 5pm CST on Friday, May 13th.
How do you keep your home environmentally-friendly?