This is a sponsored post. All opinions are 100% mine. When I get busy with the holidays, I don’t always eat well. Instead of skipping meals, I grab a Medi Weightloss Shake-to-Go. For my sweet tooth, I make my Slow Cooker Flourless Red Velvet Protein Cakes, using Medi Weightloss Red Velvet Premium Protein Shake Powder!
Real People, Real Problems
I am now entering the confessional booth! I sometimes eat junk food, I skip meals and don’t always go to the gym. You too? Whew! I thought it was just me! I have spent so long putting the needs of my family first, I have let myself go a bit. I thought this act of selflessness would benefit our entire family. Instead, I came to the realization that I was neglecting my health. That’s when I had my “a-ha” moment: what good is being a mother if you’re not around to support the ones you love most? I knew that I needed to make a few changes.
Sometimes You Need A Wake-Up Call
I had been overweight for the last 15+ years. Raising three kids, working from home and continuous snacking can pack on the pounds. Pair that with a diagnosis of prediabetes, and you get a wake-up call. With the encouragement from my family, I decided to make a change. Now I ditched the fast food, am going to the gym and making smarter food choices. Let me tell you: I have never felt better.
Sometimes It’s About Trial And Error
A healthier lifestyle can change your mood, give you energy and make you feel younger. I have found many companies promise one thing, but don’t deliver. It’s about trial and error, research and word of mouth. I needed to find a weight loss plan that fit with my new lifestyle. For me, that includes the products from Medi Weightloss.
Medi Weightloss Works For Me
Medi Weightloss happens to be one of those companies that fits into my lifestyle. A physician-supervised weight loss program, Medi Weightloss has over 89 locations across the U.S. With a large line of products and supplements to support your dietary needs, I have put my trust in their healthy, weight-loss vision and program. Their products are delicious and keep my diet and health in check. No cardboard tasting diet foods here!
Let’s Talk Chocolate!
If I could offer you a chocolate bar containing only 100 calories, would you take it? Medi Weightloss’s Chocolate Celebration Protein Bar is everything you need in a chocolate snack. For only $16.10 USD, you can get a box of 7 bars. They are the perfect snack! If you find yourself on-the-go, the Shake To Go, which retails for $15 for 8, is your new BFF! Just add water and you’ve got a delicious shake without the guilt. Store them in your pantry so they are at arm’s reach for those busy days.
Let’s Talk Savory!
If you’re wondering about the savory aspect of your diet, Medi Weightloss has got you covered! I absolutely adore their Red Bean Chili. It’s easy to prepare and tastes amazing. With only 100 calories and 15 grams of protein, I am fuller longer. You get a box of 7 packets for just $16.50. I love salads but hate the high calorie dressings. The Medi Weightloss Sesame Ginger Salad is what you need to spruce up your favorite salad. Grab it while you can because it’s on sale for $10.35 USD!
Slow Cooker Flourless Red Velvet Protein Cakes
I think my very favorite product from Medi Weightloss is their Red Velvet Premium Protein Shake. I usually make one 135 calorie shake for lunch and it satisfies my hunger as well as my sweet tooth! One container offers 14 servings for just $28.75. With many of the Medi Weightloss foods, you can create healthy recipes to fit into your weight loss program. This inspired me to create a recipe of my own, using my favorite product. I think you will love my Slow Cooker Flourless Red Velvet Protein Cakes. I think you’ll find it hard to believe this dessert contains many healthy ingredients.
- 12 ozs. semi-sweet chocolate chips, set aside 4 ounces (you can sub Cacao nibs)
- 1 scoop of Medi Weightloss Red Velvet Premium Protein Shake powder
- 2 tbsp. of salted butter
- 2 tbsp. unsweetened applesauce
- 1 large egg
- 1 mashed banana
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar substitute
- 1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 tbsp. black bean puree
- ¼ tsp. salt
- Red food coloring (if you want a more red color)
- Confectioners’ sugar
- Fresh berries
- Fill your slow cooker with 2” of water. In a microwave safe bowl, add 8 ounces of semi-sweet chocolate chips and butter. Heat at 30 second intervals until completely melted. Add applesauce. Set aside.
- In a stand mixer, beat egg on medium low for 1 minute. Add in banana, sugar substitute, salt and vanilla and beat on medium for 30 seconds. Increase speed to medium high and beat for 8-10 minutes, or until thick and pale yellow. Add in melted chocolate mixture. Mix on medium for 1 minute. Add black bean puree and mix for 30 seconds on medium low. Add food coloring if a more red color is desired.
- Portion mixture into 4 ramekins. Add one ounce of remaining chocolate chips into each ramekin. Gently set the ramekins in the slow cooker. Cook on low for 1-2 hours, until firm. Take out and sift confectioners’ sugar for garnish. Add fresh berries if desired.
If you want to know more about Medi Weightloss, you can visit their website and follow them on social media on Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Google+, Pinterest and YouTube. One USA reader will win a $75 Medi Weightloss Gift Code!