This post was sponsored by Nature Made® as part of an Influencer Activation for Influence Central and all opinions expressed in my post are my own. Isn’t it funny how we view our health as we get older? When I was in my 20’s and 30’s, I rarely gave my health a second glance. As I have gotten older, I have noticed my health has changed.
An area I have noticed changes is my digestive health. Certain foods and drinks give me gas and diarrhea and make me feel bloated. My doctor and he said I should to listen to my gut. He explained a large part of my immune system was in my digestive tract. He said your overall well being is closely connected to a your digestive health. He offered these quick and easy ways to support digestive health.
6 Ways To Improve Your Digestive Health
- Drop The Bad Habits: Did you know smoking and drinking can affect your digestive health? Smoking can cause heartburn and stomach ulcers. It also lowers the liver’s ability to filter toxins. Alcohol irritates the stomach and can cause acid reflux and heartburn. It increases the production of stomach acid and irritates the stomach lining. Also get rid of the artificial sweeteners and processed foods.
- Change Your Diet: Fatty and fried foods and dairy can upset your digestive health. So can caffeine, soft drinks, chocolate and even chili peppers . Eat foods high in fiber like whole grains and fruit. Also eat yogurt, lean meats and fish, and ginger. These are quick and easy ways to support digestive health.
- Probiotics: Certain foods, beverages and medications can deplete our gut of good bacteria. A good probiotic has live bacteria that are good for your digestive health. I take Nature Made Dual Action Probiotic + Energy‡† B12 Gummies from my local Kroger.
- Let’s Get Physical: Being physically active speeds up digestion. It also stimulates muscles in your GI tract. Add at least 30 minutes of exercise every day. This can include walking outside or on the treadmill. Also cycling, swimming, or taking an exercise class is great.
- Stay hydrated: Drinking water is important for your digestion. It helps us digest solid foods and absorb nutrients. it also facilitates a healthy bowel, lowering your chance for constipation.
- Lose Weight: Losing 10% of your total body weight will improve your health. Being overweight can cause GERD and heartburn. This is due to the pressure weight puts on your abdominal wall.
A Good Probiotic For Healthy Digestion
I cannot say enough good things about the Nature Made Dual Action Probiotic + Energy‡† B12 Gummies from Kroger. I am not a fan of taking pills, so taking a gummie makes me happy! I love how tasty they are! They have a pleasant fruity flavor I like!
Not only do the The Nature Made Dual Action Probiotic + Energy‡† B12 Gummies taste good, they are good for you too! They contains 4 Billion probiotic cells or CFU* per serving that helps support my digestive health. The vitamin B12 supports my cellular energy production.†
Even Caitlin loves delicious raspberry and cherry flavors. Because she is 19, she is able to safely add the Nature Made Dual Action Probiotic + Energy‡† B12 Gummies to her daily health regime as well. Be sure to follow Nature Made on Facebook and Twitter and Kroger on Facebook, Twitter and Pinterest.
What quick and easy ways to support digestive health do you practice? Do you take probiotics? I would love to hear in the comments!
* Formulated to provide at least 4 billion live cells per serving if continuously stored in a cool, dry place at or below 75 degrees F (23 degrees Celsius) and consumed prior to expiration date. Storage and handling conditions can vary, and may affect the total amount of cells delivered at time of consumption.
Vitamin B12 supports cellular energy production†
Probiotic naturally helps support digestive health†
4 Billion CFU* per serving
‡ Vitamin B12 supports cellular energy production†
† These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.