This is a sponsored post. All opinions are mine. I love to see my kids playing outside, enjoying the summer sunshine. How about you? Do you have kids? What do they enjoy doing outside? How about you? What are your favorite outdoor activities? We love to hike in the beautiful Smoky Mountains. One thing I don’t enjoy about the summer is how quickly the heat can get to you. If you plan to be outside, it is a good idea to know how to spot and avoid the signs of dehydration.
How To Spot and Avoid The Signs Of Dehydration
- Dry or sticky mouth and/or dry, cracked lips
- Little or no tears when crying
- Eyes that look sunken and the soft spot on the head of babies
- Kids who have to pee less or have fewer wet diapers than usual
- Dark colored urine
- Dry, cool skin
- Irritability and/or low energy
- Drowsiness or dizziness or confusion
Prevention or Treatment:
- Certain medications can cause dehydration. Check with your doctor if being outside for extended periods of time can be effected by your medication.
- Alcohol can increase dehydration. If you plan to be outside while drinking alcohol, be sure to drink one glass of water for every glass of alcoholic drink you have.
- Suck on an ice pop
- Avoid high protein diets
- Avoid exercising outside during peak temperature hours
- Drink water before, during and after you go outside or to the gym.
So, I am not a fan of water. Not a good thing when trying to stay on top of dehydration, right? I have the hardest me drinking plain water. The kids are not a fan either. I am also not a fan of some of those packets of water flavoring. They have sugar, artificial sweeteners or words I cannot pronounce. That is why my family uses the SweetLeaf® Water Drops™ Water Enhancers.
The SweetLeaf Water Drops Water Enhancers contain zero calories, zero carbs, and no artificial sweeteners. hat is important to me. Also, they do not cause a glycemic response. With my Type II Diabetes, that is a huge plus for me. You can choose from four delicious flavors; Peach Mango, Raspberry Lemonade, Strawberry Kiwi and Lemon Lime. The kids and I are just crazy about them!
If you are looking for an alternative to sugary drinks or soda, you will love the SweetLeaf Water Drops Water Enhancers! We even put fresh fruit in ours. It helps me get the kids to get more fruit into their diets! They are available in 2.1 fl. oz bottles. It is easy to drop a bottle in your purse, the kids backpack or in the glove box of the car. We have them tucked away just about everywhere. Caitlin even has a bottle in her room!
You can find the SweetLeaf Water Drops Water Enhancers online as well as at Walmart and Amazon.com. Be sure to stay current with Sweet Leaf Stevia on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram. Enter to win a $25 SweetLeaf Water Drops Prize Pack. Open to USA readers only and ends 8/10/17. Good luck!
What are your tips to keep you and your family hydrated? Which SweetLeaf Water Drops flavor would you like to try? Please share below!