This is a sponsored post. All opinions are 100% mine. Attention! I have had a title change and wanted you all to be aware of it. For the next eight weeks, you may call me the Holiday Fairy. As a matter of fact, I deem many of you reading this with the same esteemed moniker! I mean, if you think about it, isn’t that what we busy moms are during the holidays? We go crazy making sure everything is bought, wrapped, baked, cooked, displayed and lit, right?
In my home, my family wakes up on Thanksgiving and Christmas mornings in awe of all that lays before them. Who did all that? Um, that would be me. The Holiday Fairy! Sound familiar? You know it does! During the holidays, the butcher, the craft store, Amazon and the UPS guy are your BFF’s. A few years ago, I decided I needed to take control of the holidays and make them as stress free as possible. Here are my tips to having an enjoyable and worry free Thanksgiving this year!
- Order Your Food: I love to cook, but I also love spending time with my family on Thanksgiving. There is no shame in heading over to the Honey Baked Ham store and ordering your Thanksgiving goodies. It is delicious and affordable and my family loves the food.
- Say No To Drama: This is going to be a tough one to swallow for many of you. If you have that family member that drums up the drama, don’t invite them. I started doing this about five years ago and it has made a world of difference. If you just can’t keep them off the guest list, make a compromise. Ask them to come later for dessert and coffee.
- Consolidate: Make your shopping trips work for you. Shop smarter, not harder is my mantra. I make a list of everything I need to do before Thanksgiving. I have organized it into categories and by store. When done properly, you can get all your shopping done in one day. And if possible, shop during the week when the crowds are thinner.
- Delegate: Even the Holiday Fairy has elves, right? My kids are teens, so they are capable of helping me get ready for our Thanksgiving celebration. Play to their strengths. My daughter loves to decorate, so I love that department to her. Check! My son has OCD, so he gets everything organized and helps me make my shopping list. Check! My husband loves driving, so he plays chauffeur, picks up the food and hits the liquor store for me. Check!
- Cleaning Up: When it comes to cleaning up after your Thanksgiving meal, my husband and I have a system. Before everyone arrives, I make sure the dishwasher is empty. I also have a sink of hot soapy water ready as well. After everyone has eaten, my husband gets the trash bin and scraps the plates and puts them in the soapy water. As they soak, I load the glasses and silverware into the dishwasher. By then, the plates and bowls are ready to go into the dishwasher. From start to finish, this takes us about 15 minutes. Awesome right?!
I will tell you, the last thing I want to worry over at Thanksgiving is my light bladder leakage (LBL). This is something I have stressed about for years. We are a family who laughs…a lot. And if I get tickled, I cannot stop laughing. That also means I cannot stop myself from peeing in my darn pants! A few years ago, the kids put their dinner napkins on their heads and started talking in this crazy accent. I was laughing so hard, I had to run from the table to get to the bathroom. I didn’t make it. That is not a Thanksgiving tradition I care to continue. Thank goodness for Poise Microliners!
I started using Poise shortly after “the napkin incident.” Since then, I have kissed my LBL worries goodbye. While I am making my list for my Thanksgiving meal, Walmart is one of my favorite stores to shop. They almost always have what I need at a price I can afford. That includes my Poise Microliners. LBL is not something that should come between your enjoyment of the holidays. With Poise liners, I was able to take control of my LBL and get my confidence back. If I laugh, I may leak a little. And because I am wearing a Poise liner, who cares? No more running to the bathroom!
I am so glad I replaced my feminine care products with the Poise Microliners from Walmart. By shopping for them at Walmart, I save myself the added trip and expense of shopping at the drugstore. With menstrual pads, they absorb your flow at a slower rate. With incontinence pads, like the Poise Microliners, absorb the quicker flow of urine. They also wick the moisture away from your body, keeping you dry.
They are also thin and discreet and neutralize odors. Makes sense, right? So, remember, when you make that Thanksgiving dinner shopping list, make sure you pick up your Poise Microliners and your other Thanksgiving goodies at Walmart?
Do you have LBL? Let’s stop being embarrassed about it, OK? Tell me a funny LBL story and how Poise Microliners help you get your confidence back!