This is a sponsored post. I received compensation but this did not sway my opinion about these super cool products at all! Within the past 6 months or so, I have become “a regular” at the gym. I have given myself a steady and consistent health routine that includes a good workout and a healthy diet. I love how my body feel and how I am reaping in all of the wonderful benefits of eating right and exercising. I have never felt better and I’ve totally fallen in love with my new and improved lifestyle.
Keeping Yourself Motivated
For many people, it takes a great deal of determination and motivation to make their way to the gym. Once I got started, I had a friend who became my online workout buddy. At the end of each day, we would record our food and exercise and encourage each other. With Nancy’s encouragement, I became a regular at my gym.
Prepping For Your Workout is Key:
I will admit, there are days I would rather stay at home and relax with my family. Despite these (seldom) spells of procrastination, I always give myself that extra push to go to the gym and get a goof workout. One of the best pieces of advice ever given to me: “Always go to the gym when you feel like going the least – you’ll feel even better at the end of your workout.” Personally, I feel prepping for a workout is a major factor in your success. Here are my tips for getting mentally and physically prepared to get myself “gym-ready”:
- Know Your Fitness Routine: I change workout programs every few months. Before heading to the gym, I always check my written version of my workout and check to see if it needs tweaking. I also have an app that will give me hints for new exercises or ways to use the machines at the gym to get the most out of my workout.
- Prepare A Playlist: Nothing gets me more pumped for my workout than a playlist filled with songs with great beats and fun lyrics. Whether I’m in the mood for an 80’s throwback list or some classic rock, I try to update the songs on my music player routinely so that I have a new playlist to look forward to. And as a side note, I have gotten dancing on the treadmill down to a “T”
- Double Check Your Gym Bag: It may seem like a simple point, but I often forget that I sometimes throw things in the wash and never put them back in my bag. Some workout essentials of mine include: a towel, gym shorts, a water bottle, and the key to my gym locker. Nothing will put a hiccup into my gym routine than to forget my water bottle or my gym pass.
- Warm-Up: Sometimes, I perform some of my best warm-ups at home and continue to do some stretches once I get to the gym. My at-home warm-ups get my adrenaline rushing and get me more eager to do my workout. Remember: there are all types of warm-up exercises so make sure to consult a trainer, doctor, or specialist before attempting any.
- Stay Hydrated: We always hear people talking about the importance of staying hydrated during a workout session. However, it’s just as important to drink a good amount of water before and after exercising. Studies have shown that people who are well-hydrated before stepping foot in the gym will complete more exercises than those who aren’t. I make a conscious effort to drink water on the regular, especially on gym days. Your body will be oh-so-grateful with your H20 intake.
- Fuel Your Body: You know what they say: “Too much of something or too much of nothing is never good for you.” When it comes to fueling your body before a workout, it’s all about balance. I have been at the gym when I have had too much to eat and felt sick. I have also had too little and was lightheaded and had to stop before I completed my workout. I found it best for my body to make one of my Chocolate Banana Walnut Protein Pre-Workout Smoothies. Works every time!
My Chocolate Banana Walnut Protein Pre-Workout Smoothie is so good, I drink one almost every day before my workout. I usually make mine right before I leave the house and drink it from Travel Tumbler by Zoku. At just $11.99 each, I stocked up and have one for everyone in the family! This way, I have mine for my smoothie while the kids can have their juice or flavored water and we can take them wherever we go. My Travel Tumbler goes wherever I go. It can hold up to 16 ounces and is double-walled to keep my drink insulated and fresh.
I love that it comes with a reusable straw and a lid – I can put it in my car’s cup holder without worrying about any spills or leaks. It’s BPA and phthalate free so I know I am drinking safely for my health. What I love about Zoku products is that you can just feel the quality once you have them in your hands. A trip to the gym is never complete without my travel tumbler. Another family favorite product from Zoku is the Zoku Duo Quick Pop Maker. Check out the recipe for my Frozen Pumpkin Pie Pops!
About the Zoku Company: The word “zoku” in Japanese means family and the Zoku company is all about creating family memories through their ingenious products. Situated in Hoboken, NJ, their headquarters is where all of their unique ideas take place. Known for their innovated designs, Zoku first started with their Quick Pop Maker and the rest is history. Now, we can enjoy other items like their Chocolate Station and their Slush and Shake Maker. You can follow Zoku on social media on Twitter, Facebook, Pinterest, and Instagram. One USA reader will win a set of (4) Zoku Travel Tumblers ARV $48.
How do you prepare for the gym? Tell us in the comments below – let’s share ideas and tips with each other!