I am that person who will start asking what you got me for a special occasion weeks in advance. I have been like this since I was a kid. I am like a brand new puppy who will nip at your heels until you pick me up. I will admit, as embarrassing as it is, that I have unwrapped a gift and re-wrapped it because i could not wait any longer to find out what it was. I think at my age I should probably drop that habit before my family will eventually just stop buying for me! I cannot help it!
I love presents! I love to give them as much as I love to get them. I always want to give the best gifts, but the people around me are usually not very helpful when it comes to what they want for a birthday or Christmas. On that front, I am on my own, and often, I am at a loss. If this sounds familiar, I do have a few stand by gifts I find that hard to buy for person really appreciates:
- Something Personalized: Most people would not think to ask for something personalized, but if they get a gift with their name on it, they love it! One of my husband’s favorite gifts from my mom was a personalized keychain.
- Something Handmade: Every year for Christmas, I make my kids a pair of pajama pants. The more wild the print, the more the kids love the end result. This is as fun for me to make as it is for them to wear! Oh, and it’s super cheap to make them too!
- Something Meaningful: Every person has that one thing that will spark a memory in them. For my girls, that is music, especially a vinyl record. As often as I can, I will dig through the old vinyls at the used record store to find them a little treasure.
- Something Useful: When I get stumped as to what I would want as a gift, often times, something I can really use will make me the most happy. Last year my husband got me a power drill and I was as happy as I could be!
- Something To Eat: Who doesn’t love something delicious to nom on? If you get me a basket full of foodie items, I am like a fat kid in a candy store. That is why I love to gift the foodie themed gifts baskets from GourmetBaskets.Com.
This year, GourmetBaskets.Com has a plethora of baskets for the foodie as well as many other themed baskets. My daughter has a huge sweet tooth like I do, so I thought it would be fun to give her the Hugs & Kisses Cake Pops, which retail for $49.99. These 10 delectable bites of sweet heaven come wrapped in a pretty gift box. The pops are made of rich, moist cake which are hand dipped into rich Belgian chocolate. They are each decorated with sprinkles, a candy drizzle, and the letters X and O (you know, for hugs and kisses!!)
With GourmetBaskets.Com, you can choose from baskets like the Fruit & Chocolate Dipping